Rabbit’s Testicles are Large

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyChickenGirl

Reaction score
Is this normal? You can’t even see the testicles through the fur on my other male rabbits (who aren’t neutered). I don’t know a whole lot about his past year because he was just returned to us from the people we sold him to after being gone for nearly a year. I do have some info on him that could have to do with it, but I want to be sure that it isn’t normal first.0DB1F8E0-1FF2-427D-BE39-30006A6E10D8.jpeg
I am willing to take him to the vet if necessary, but it would meet using the money that I have saved up for neutering my rabbits.

My unneutered bun’s balls don’t look anything like that either... Your photo doesn’t look right to me though like you, I don’t have enough experience to know if that’s significantly out of the ordinary. Maybe there’s an irritant, infection, or something else causing them to be enflamed/swollen. You may need to take him to the vet though hopefully someone with more experience can weigh in😓

There are currently small poops all over his pen along with uneaten ceotropes. He somehow has what looks like fresh pee stains on his feet even though there is no pee on the floor in his pen and his litter box is clean. Should I be worried or is it just him adjusting to being in a new home?

They are much larger than I've ever seen, but that's not to say they may not be normal for your rabbit. They don't appear inflamed and swollen to me, so that at least does look normal as far as I can tell. But the only way to be absolutely sure would be a knowledgeable rabbit vet checking him out. The peeing could just be him settling in, though if it continues or worsens, there could be some other issue going on.

They are much larger than I've ever seen, but that's not to say they may not be normal for your rabbit. They don't appear inflamed and swollen to me, so that at least does look normal as far as I can tell. But the only way to be absolutely sure would be a knowledgeable rabbit vet checking him out. The peeing could just be him settling in, though if it continues or worsens, there could be some other issue going on.
Ok, I’ll just keep an eye on it. They don’t look inflamed or anything, just large. If it gets worse or he shows any signs of being sick (right now he full of energy and begging for attention) I’ll book a vet appointment.

My first boy Musti also had unusually big chonkers before the neuter-i could see them from underneath his tail if he was laying around somewhere 😂 none of my other boys had such a big batch, but apparently it can happen.
The dribbles and small poops sound like something an intact buck coming (back) home would do.
And as others have said, you can contact the vet for an appointment (because who ever knows the waiting times, right) and cancel if things seem to be improving.

Is this normal? You can’t even see the testicles through the fur on my other male rabbits (who aren’t neutered). I don’t know a whole lot about his past year because he was just returned to us from the people we sold him to after being gone for nearly a year. I do have some info on him that could have to do with it, but I want to be sure that it isn’t normal first.View attachment 62917
I am willing to take him to the vet if necessary, but it would meet using the money that I have saved up for neutering my rabbits.
How big is he? Like how much does he weigh? And do you know his breed? It could be normal for his breed.
My bun is roughly 8 lbs and has some big testies. He is 4 years old and mixed breed. When he was purchased I was told he was female, and 7 months later noticed his large testies had dropped. So "she" was in fact a he lol. His testies are more separated though than this bunny's, but big nonetheless.

How big is he? Like how much does he weigh? And do you know his breed? It could be normal for his breed.
My bun is roughly 8 lbs and has some big testies. He is 4 years old and mixed breed. When he was purchased I was told he was female, and 7 months later noticed his large testies had dropped. So "she" was in fact a he lol. His testies are more separated though than this bunny's, but big nonetheless.
I don’t know his weight. He is a one year old Holland Lop. I don’t know if it is normal for his breed, but his half-brother Eeyore’s aren’t that big and Eeyore’s father’s (Dune) aren’t either. Opal (Snowball and Eeyore’s mother) was pregnant when I bought her, I have pictures of the father, but I never looked at his testicles.
Snowball’s father
02898B77-CBAF-4EC5-A50F-10DB56E0AD3B.jpeg
Snowball and Eeyore’s mother, Opal
F42922E7-CE8E-4035-B14D-37125AF00118.jpeg
Eeyore
F2185016-A83D-4FA1-AD9E-F696444CF969.jpeg
Eeyore’s father Dune
B62F5D41-8926-4770-BE7E-EB50BFB267C5.jpeg

Also, his poops are normal now, and he still shows no signs of being sick.

I don’t know his weight. He is a one year old Holland Lop. I don’t know if it is normal for his breed, but his half-brother Eeyore’s aren’t that big and Eeyore’s father’s (Dune) aren’t either. Opal (Snowball and Eeyore’s mother) was pregnant when I bought her, I have pictures of the father, but I never looked at his testicles.
Snowball’s father
View attachment 62986
Snowball and Eeyore’s mother, Opal
View attachment 62984
Eeyore
View attachment 62985
Eeyore’s father Dune
View attachment 62987

Also, his poops are normal now, and he still shows no signs of being sick.
Keep an eye on him. He could just have bigger testies and it could be normal for him. Your bunnies are all beautiful 💜 keep us posted if you take him in. I'll also ask around to see if anyone has had a bunny with a similar issue

Latest posts

Back