Rabbit’s Curled Nail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebbie0101

Reaction score
Hi
I’m messaging about my rabbit’s nail. His nail is curled over the top of his (starting from the right side). He jumps when I try to touch it and starts licking it. I don’t know if I should let him fix it or if I need to put it into place345D9D71-B21E-462F-9273-674C4A81A159.jpeg
This is the best picture I could take if it. You can kind of see how his fur looks cut off by something. The nail that is curling over is the one that starts on the inside of his foot

If you have trouble trimming the claws take your bunny to a vet. Maybe check if the nail it’s causing pain. Because your bunny seem to react like it’s hurting when you touch. Just to be more reassured.

My bunnies will always lick the area when they hurt themself and feel pain. Like when I closed the door on one of my bunnies paws or when one ran into a wall.

Do not just cut it off. If you cut into the quick, it will not only hurt but it will also bleed. I would gradually start trimming it down the white part, not into the quick. As you start trimming the white part back every few weeks, the quick should also gradually become shorter. The nail probably won't ever be completely normal, but you shiuld be able to get it more manageable.

Exception would be if the nail is like that because something is wrong with the toe, then you would need an experienced rabbit vet to take a look at it.

Latest posts

Back