Question.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun~Bun

Reaction score
Hi, guys!!

Anyways, I've been confused whith something for along time.

Bun-Bun, my Rabbit is said to be a Mini Rex even by the County Fair where I live.
I whent along whith that, cause I agreed, plus he came whith papers. I got him at my local pet store, that sounded weird,huh? They stopped selling whith papers in 2003.
Any ways, the thing that has been questioning me is that Bun-Bun kinda doesn't look Mini-Rex. He's got the size(Weighing in at 7 pounds.),length, and one the colour(Sable Point.) varities.
But he doesn't have the velvet fur texture, the crinckled whiskers, and the ears are not as long.
Here's a pic of him when he was about 8 months. BTW, he's 3 1/2 years old right now.
bun2pv.jpg

So, any one know what's he's crossed whith?(Or if he's not, what is he?)

Very cute guy! Mini Rex generally don't weigh over 4 1/2 pounds, and sable point is not a common color in the Mini Rex (it is not an accepted variety). As you already pointed out, he also doesn't have a Mini Rex coat.

His color is very common in the Holland Lops and he does appear to have the rounder Holland Lop dwarfish head. I'm guessing he may be a mix of Lop with a larger breed. From the photo, he also appears to have the longer, softer coat of the lops. Or, he could just be aHUGE Holland Lop with erect ears ;)

Really no way to tell for certain -- all we can do is guess as he doesn't fit any purebred rabbit standard.

Pam

Thanx!!
Bun-Bun is a little chubby.
I looked up a picture of a Holland Lop and it does have the coat and a striking resemblace to the face. But not from the side.
Are there any Lops that can be born whith erect ears?

All lops are born with erect ears -- generally the ears start to fall at about 2 weeks of age, but there are some with excessive ear control whose ears never lop.

Bun-Bun is most likely a mix of some type.

Pam

Thanx!!
Oh, well, at least there is a non-pure bred show in the County, and I should bring him there before getting into a more complex deal.
I'd really like to have a chat whith the pet store for LIEING tome. :mad: - that's if I wasn't trying to get hired there!! Papers Quote:"Garanteed Pure Bred!!" ERRRR!!
Guess, that's why they don't sell papers anymore!!
I was foolish.

But anyways, no matter what Bun-Bun is crossed whith - I'll all ways love him!!:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back