Quantcast

QUESTION - What do you think of this breed?!

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Troller

Reaction score
Here is a pic of a Flemish Lionhead cross I once read about up for adoption. I have no idea how big it is or will get. Though some said its more of an Angora or Woolly mix.

flemmie-lionhead.JPG

Last edited:

ldoerr

Reaction score
I do not own any and never have. I do have a jersey wooly though and HATE the coat on that rabbit. It is constantly matted and there is no way to groom her. I personally would not get one because of the grooming. I am partial to Mini Rex because I was a breeder of them for 4 years and still have one. They are really low maintenance. I have a friend (who I got my jersey wooly from) that has some lion heads. She has about 5 or so breeds of rabbits and the lion heads are the most work. (all of her breeds are long haired).

Ape337

April
Reaction score
I think they're cute. I wouldn't get any long haired breed for myself though. Just not really wanting to be grooming that intensely. But they are adorable :)

MagPie

Reaction score
I like some lion heads, but it's too much grooming for me.

Besides I don't quite get the hype for this breed when they are all over the place on how they can look. So yeah I agree with the breeders. It's like it can't quite make up it's mind on what it looks like.

LolaTheRabbit

Reaction score
I just get my first bunny yeasterday and she's a lionhead. I already love her. It haven't got idea it will be so much work with her. Me and my husband we t to a breeder and actually he picked her bc I couldn't decide between lionhead and holland lop. I see if she will be easy to litter train I will get another girl but probably holland lop.

LakeCondo

Reaction score
My Honey is a lionhead, but except for her mane & skirt, she has short hair. The breed hasn't settled down to have standards. I assume other breeds went through the same thing once.

LolaTheRabbit

Reaction score
Mine is all fuzzy but she is only 8 weeks so i guess her fur will change. I would love it to stay like that thou:) can you tell me how big lionheads are. I hope for 6lbs at least.