Question on litter training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgos17

Reaction score
So, I am a new rabbit owner, I have a Netherland Dwarf, she just turned 7 months and she is great....all urine in the box, except every once in a while when I think she's upset about something. :) My question is does a rabbit ever get completely litter box trained with the poo? sometimes she marks a lot, sometimes not....I'm confused. :)
thanks Denise

It totally depends on the rabbit. One of mine is perfect, everything in the box, the other will occasionally drop poo. He's gotten a lot better since I got him. Every time they drop a "trick", I put it in the box as soon as I can and eventually they should get the gist of it. It sounds like your rabbit is pretty good, this method may help... If she isn't spayed, that would probably help too!

My rabbit isn't spayed and she gets everything in the litterbox except every once in a while a stray poo. Spaying/neutering helps them litter train. It depends on the rabbit. Some rabbits start litter training the day they come home from getting fixed.

It totally depends on the rabbit. One of mine is perfect, everything in the box, the other will occasionally drop poo. He's gotten a lot better since I got him. Every time they drop a "trick", I put it in the box as soon as I can and eventually they should get the gist of it. It sounds like your rabbit is pretty good, this method may help... If she isn't spayed, that would probably help too!
thank you! I've been doing that as well....picking up quickly. thanks so much!

My rabbit isn't spayed and she gets everything in the litterbox except every once in a while a stray poo. Spaying/neutering helps them litter train. It depends on the rabbit. Some rabbits start litter training the day they come home from getting fixed.
thank you! I'm hoping she gets better soon!

Do you have other pets in your home? Thanks for not giving up. Our unbonded house buns occasionally leave the marking marble, and a few purposely leave marking marbles.

Here's a good article link from Georgia House Rabbit on both output forms: Litter Box Training | ghrs
we have a small dog, they get along just fine...although the dog mostly just wants to eat her poo...she thinks she's a candy dispenser! ugh! Thanks for the link, I'll check it out

My baby bun started using the litter at 8 weeks old, just followed what mom did...was great.

Latest posts

Back