Question about wood stove pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello i guess i will have wood stove pellets for litter box for my two rabbits. It looks one of the best way bcx it say %100 natural anywayy i wanna ask that, if i buy 40 pound of it how many days/months it will handle?

With 2 rabbits, a 40lb bag lasted about 2 months. Remember, it doesn't need to be layered thick as it does expand. I also add fresh hay a couple times per day -- which also helps it last longer.

upload_2019-2-2_16-8-30.png

My 40lb bag last about 1.5 months for 4 bunnies. I change it every 4 to 6 days depending on the bunny. I do use 4 separate litter boxes, they are currently all housed separately.

I clean litter boxes daily.
Wood pellets are cheap. Fully changing it every 2-3 days seems just fine.
Just remember to stock up before spring gets too excited. Never know when some stores decide to stop selling them because its warm out

I clean mine every 4 to 6 days but I replenish the hay daily. You can always switch to horse stall bedding, it is essentially the same thing. 40lbs for $6.99 at Walmart online, $5.44 at my local Walmart.

Would anyone mind posting a picture of the bedding they purchased from Walmart because I have searched for months and I have never been able to find any.
I use the paper litter and 6.99 for 12 lbs.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20190217_080728.jpg
    20190217_080728.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Would anyone mind posting a picture of the bedding they purchased from Walmart because I have searched for months and I have never been able to find any.
I use the paper litter and 6.99 for 12 lbs.
Thanks in advance.

Different Walmart stores get different products. I've never seen wood pellets at our walmart. Wood pellets can usually be found in hardware stores like Ace or Home Depot. The wood pellets for horses can usually be found in local feed stores.

Whether Walmart carries them in stores is very much a regional thing. I live in Texas and have never seen them there either. I also get mine at tractor supply... any feed store/livestock supply store should have them (and bales of hay, too).

found walmart carried them for $15 a bag, but home depot and canadian tire had them for $6 - obviously canada, but home depot should have them.

Latest posts

Back