Question about the bonding process

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina&Co

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

6 month’s ago I adopted a second bunny and things did not start well between him and my female. They were not getting along. Fast forward to today, they live in the same room, their enclosures are side to side and they don’t really mind seing each other. I put them together for bonding from time to time but not frequently. They didn’t fight but didn’t love spending time together. These days i’m trying to make the bonding sessions longer and more frequently, and they are more and more comfortable with each other. The male is very dominant and my female didn’t like that at all at the begining. They both wanted to be the dominant one and they weren’t changing their mind until today! My female started grooming him for like 5 minutes, and the second she finished, the male nipped her and started chasing her. I thought it was weird because she finally gave him what he wanted but he didn’t seem very satisfied after.

Is that normal?

I don't know if it is normal because I have never bonded rabbits before, but I have done lots of research on bonding. I bet he nipped her because she stopped grooming him. I would rub some banana on her face to get him to groom her, that way they will both be happy. I hope the bonding process gets better.

In my experience of bonding my rabbits it's normal. One rabbit did something the other did not like and they would chase and the occasional nip. Good luck with bonding them!

Latest posts

Back