Question about sebastian humping suki?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul2641

Reaction score
Just a quick question could the reason sebastian is always humping suki be that suki went to live in sebastians cage?

I'm guessing that Suki and Sebastian are both males, rabbits hump each other as a method of showing dominance. It's their way of saying I'm in charge.

Saudade wrote:
I'm guessing that Suki and Sebastian are both males, rabbits hump each other as a method of showing dominance. It's their way of saying I'm in charge.
No suki is a female, And I know rabbits hump for dominance, but not on the level that sebastian does it to suki.

Well uh... Erm...

You're only two years younger than me, so I'm presuming you do know about the birds and the bees. It's a bit obvious then why Suki is being humped.

Saudade wrote:
Well uh... Erm...

You're only two years younger than me, so I'm presuming you do know about the birds and the bees. It's a bit obvious then why Suki is being humped.
Suki is spayed ;)

irishbunny wrote:
Saudade wrote:
Well uh... Erm...

Suki is spayed ;)
Just 'cause he'sneutered doesn't mean he wont hump her. Some rabbits are still hormonal long after there fixed

Just because the old brown cow aint what she used to be doesn't mean the young bull won't have a go at her!

Your young male rabbit is hot to trot! Just like nearly every other male in the world he'll have a go at anything that moves (and in some cases things that don't).

And even if Sebastian is neutered (I'm guessing he isn't) then he's still a man! To my experience neutering of males will lower their hormones, but sometimes it doesn't.

Saudade wrote:
Just because the old brown cow aint what she used to be doesn't mean the young bull won't have a go at her!

Your young male rabbit is hot to trot! Just like nearly every other male in the world he'll have a go at anything that moves (and in some cases things that don't).
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Saudade wrote:

And even if Sebastian is neutered (I'm guessing he isn't) then he's still a man! To my experience neutering of males will lower their hormones, but sometimes it doesn't.
Yes sebastian is neutered and on a side note, I do know about the birds and the bees! but the thing is a male I only had neutered 5 weeks ago is humping his bond mate at ALL.

Saudade wrote:
Male rabbits remain fertile for up to 5-6 weeks. So uhhh yeah, there is your explanation.
You just seem to be wrong all night as he is about 4 months neutered, and I already new that.

Possibly spring time. Seems strange, but I've noticed a lot of the shelter bunnies (a large group of bunnies) the mounting has increased quite a bit lately. Possibly their instincts remain even if their hormones don't?

Silly bunners!

paul2641 wrote:
Saudade wrote:
Male rabbits remain fertile for up to 5-6 weeks. So uhhh yeah, there is your explanation.
You just seem to be wrong all night as he is about 4 months neutered, and I already new that.
Paul,

There is no reason to cop an attitude when someone is trying to help you. So what if someone is wrong - at least they're trying to help - right? Sometimes questions and comments can lead to discussions which wind up helping us find the problem.....

I have found that rabbits will mount each other not only to mate but also to express dominance over one another. So it is possible that your rabbit is trying to establish who is the more dominant one in the relationship.

I've also seen a few rabbits that want grooming and their partner won't give it to them - so they will mount them a bit to get their "attention". But usually that is for a short period of time and they'll go off to a corner or something and sulk

Good luck with figuring this out.

Latest posts

Back