Question about pregnant rabbit behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Degunuts

Reaction score
Hey there! My mini Rex thistle is on her 31st day of pregnancy, and I just wanted to ask about her behavior since it’s her first time being a mother apart from an unfortunate miscarriage earlier this year.

She was bred at 4:48am 31 days ago, and today she’s been acting far from pregnant! She’s been drinking a lot, eating “a lot” (I say a lot, but she just eats for a good 5-10 minutes one piece of hay at a time.) and she hasn’t been laying down much! She pulled fur yesterday on a towel on the floor, and she hasn’t been using her nest box apart from eating the hay and pooping in it. I can still feel babies, though they feel a bit further in than yesterday. Should I be concerned that she’s too stressed to kindle?Her behavior just doesn’t really fall in line with what I expect a pregnant rabbit to act like. Thanks!

oh, and here’s a picture from behind her. She looks like a cello!

Attachments

• F2B19FC7-015D-4F26-BC82-7961BECEDF33.jpeg
    F2B19FC7-015D-4F26-BC82-7961BECEDF33.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 4
Update: sorry to make this post completely redundant, but she just had her babies! I guess she was just getting ready for a litter of somewhere around 7 on her first time!

Attachments

• B0A16FE6-9033-4F29-92BA-6DA7C0506E39.jpeg
    B0A16FE6-9033-4F29-92BA-6DA7C0506E39.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 8
Congratulations:)
Make sure the kits are well covered in the fur at all times, you can add a protective nest out of hay around the fur nest. And give the doe lots of food, and privacy - some does do not feed as long as someone is around.
I wouldn't move the nest if it isn't necessary, maybe, after about 2-3 days, put it into a hay nest in the nestbox, but keep it in the same place.
Check after every feeding that all kits are in the nest, and none got draged out.

Last edited:
my rabbits tummy’s been moving and she’s been drinking lots of water. does this mean she’s gonna have babies tonight?

Start a new thread so more people can see this :)

my rabbits tummy’s been moving and she’s been drinking lots of water. does this mean she’s gonna have babies tonight?

Impossible to tell from that little information, maybe yes, maybe it can still be a couple of days if she's about due. There's quite a range that is all still "normal".

Latest posts

Back