question about pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnypop

Reaction score
my dad had gotten me this bag of pellets for my bunnies by the brand all living things. it's called the power of 5 and i guess it's supposed to be some kind of foraging pellets ??

one of the ingredients is dehydrated alfalfa meal and i was wondering if it would be okay to give my 2 adult bunnies some of the pellets occasionally. i know alfalfa hay isn't good for adult bunnies.

i don't really give them many pellets, just a small bowl at least 2 times a week, but they always get fresh hay and romaine lettuce along with the occasional parsley and cilantro. i wanted to make some treat toys for them and sprinkle in some pellets so they would be interested. i don't know if i should use the pellets that my dad got me or stick with parsley, cilantro, lettuce, and other safe herbs.

Alfalfa hay in itself isn't necessarily bad for adult rabbits. It's just that it's high in protein and calcium, so if too much is fed it can cause issues. A pinch as a treat each day would probably be fine. As long as they don't show any signs of stomach upset or abnormal changes in their poop, and neither has preexisting kidney or bladder issues.

Latest posts

Back