Question about non-neutered males

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliefolyfe

Reaction score
Do they ever stop humping? Ollie's behavior is great, cept the occasional poop on the floor (which I assume will get better with age) but his constant humping is annoying!

My guess would be no, not likely.

Some intact males will not ever hump, but if they start and they end up being the humping type, I'm not sure it's a behavior that will stop on it's own.....unless it's after they get older.

Can you get him neutered?

With Babbitty, he used to be pretty hump obsessed (As well as a big time sprayer) but when he hit about 2, he really settled down and it stopped. At 5 now he hardly ever does it anymore, except for the random odd occasion, but if it's bothering you now it will take years to settle, if ever.

We just got Twigs fixed and he's 2 1/2 yrs old. The main reason is that he as a humping, spraying machine. He's was only neutered a week ago yesterday and already a huge difference.

Tesla is still pretty hump happy, but he has been that way since I got him. He mostly sticks to his bed and the tunnel. Tesla was 2 in July.
Kraken isn't really humpy in his cage, but will hump the tunnel in the play pen. He is a bit more mellow anyway. Kraken is about 2.5 now.
Felix is only 12 weeks, so hasn't started humping yet, will have to wait and see with him.

Ollie started slowing down a bit with his humping behavior prior to my post but I was just curious and now it seems he has stopped completely?! He's such a fickle little bun :D I don't really mind too much because I love him to death and it's not the worst thing he could do, it's just his little claws hurt when he digs them into my legs. I would get him neutered but I can't really afford it at the moment and I'm kind of paranoid about having him operated on.

Latest posts

Back