Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floyd2019

Reaction score
Hi all!
So my bunny is an un neutered male, 7 months old. Ever since i got him he has struggled with diet issues and cecum disorders etc which is why he hasn't been neutered yet.

He is finally healthy and on a well balanced diet of timothy hay and greens.

I used to see cecotropes everywhere when he was unhealthy which i knew was bad. As he started getting healtheir the past few weeks i would see him eating his cecotropes and i would be so happy despite the sme of his breath hahaha.

Lately he is still producing the healthiest fecal pellets he's ever had but in the mornings when he ducks his head down for cecotropes he doesn't come up chewing... he just leaves some fecal pellets and then grooms himself or takes a bite of a fecal pellet...
There are no cecos in his xpen, and he seems happy and healthy. Not sure if maybe his schedule changed to later at night when I'm sleeping?

Should I be worried?

If you aren't seeing uneaten ones then it's likely fine, as that means at some point they are being consumed by him.
I actually caught him eating some cecotropes today and smiled so big my cheeks hurt hehe, thank you for replying! Sometimes you just wanna hear someone tell you it's ok!

Latest posts

Back