Question about cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evergreen

Reaction score
Hey, I don't have a bunny yet but I'm hoping to adopt one soon (maybe today *fingers crossed*) and I have an old Midwest Guinea Pig Habitat. It's the equivalent of a 2x4 C&C cage. It doesn't have a top on it... I'm wondering if it not being completely enclosed will be a problem?

Thanks!

Hmm, just looked at a picture. A rabbit could probably jump out of that if it figured out that it could--it sometimes depends on the rabbit, as some are more active and higher jumping than others. But you probably don't want to take the chance once you get the rabbit--perhaps you could take a blanket and clip it to the sides of the cage as a roof?

How tall is it? I looked it up, too, and it didn't look much more than a foot or so. Junie would be out of that thing in about 30 seconds. Even my non-jumper bunny would probably chance it within 24 hours. I would definitely put some sort of top on it. Bunnies like to stand up on their back feet, though, and if it's not tall enough, your bunny won't be able to fully stand up. A bunny should be able to fully stretch out in any direction and fully stand up without touching the sides/top. If you had a second one, maybe you could zip tie it upside down to the top of the first one?? Not sure if that's possible or not!

Yes i agree with silversky. Depends on the bunny.

My Agnes is a total jumper and could easily jump out of that. I would say to definitely put a roof on it just in case.

Latest posts

Back