Question about bonding! Neep help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB03

Reaction score
So it's been almost 2 months since I bonded my two female rabbits. After one month had past I felt confident enough to leave them alone. They've been doing pretty good, at first there was a lot of nipping but that has since stopped. BUT the problem I've been running into is the dominant rabbit still wants to mount the submissive one. I let them free roam in my bedroom, and I let them free roam in my living room when supervised. My dominant rabbit will mount when food is involved, for example when they're waiting for their veggies, supplements, and or pellets. Autumn the dominant one wants to mount May the submissive one. Autumn will even try and take May's treats. The thing that I don't understand is they both don't mind sharing food, and they love sleeping next to eachother. They even groom eachother.. I'm just not sure if this is this is normal and if I should be splitting them up.

P.s if there is any typos I'm sorry my keyboard is messed up.

As long as the mounting isn't getting excessive and continuing, and/or your other rabbit isn't getting overly irritated and annoyed so that it could lead to a fight, then usually some dominance behavior can be normal, especially at feeding times when they can get overly excited and ramped up. Stealing treats, some minor humping or even nips, can be normal in bonded rabbits. It's how the dominant rabbits continue to show they're still the boss.

Latest posts

Back