Question about behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petkeeper

Reaction score
Hi all

I took Mini and Rex outside today for the first time this summer. Wel Rex wouldn't let me out of his sight...he kept coming and jumping on me and digging at my shirt then he would nip me...what exactly does this mean? It was annoying I would take him off and put him in the grass and he would do binkies then come back hop on me dig and nip. Mini was awesome he just lazed in the grass would hop around eat some grass, climb in my lap and cuddle.

Anyone else experience this behavior? Rex has done some clothes nipping but not to this extent. I would like to go outside without this behavior so if I can break it that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Shannon

I dont know what it means either, but how do you get your bun so bonded to you. Pixie will run around and do binkies outside and come up and smell me. As soon as I go to pet her or pick her up.....she runs away. :X

HollandLopLover wrote:
I dont know what it means either, but how do you get your bun so bonded to you. Pixie will run around and do binkies outside and come up and smell me. As soon as I go to pet her or pick her up.....she runs away. :X

I don't know how I got them so bonded...I have always spent a ton of floor time with them and they love to come up for cuddles. Rex is more a lap bunny than Mini...but when Mini is outside, he loves laying in my lap. Rex always comes running up and sit in my lap, inside and out. I don't mind the digging and nipping as long as he doesn't miss the shirt...lol...nipping the skin gets painful!

Thanks

S.

Nibbles used to do this a lot, though now she mostly nose-bumps me. As far as I can tell (in her case), it's an attention-getting behavior, though sometimes the digging and pulling on my clothes have seemed to be attempts to groom me. (She still does this, though much more gently than when I first got her - she was a a rowdy "teen" then.)

They're grooming you. It means they like you! My buns do that to. They may think that your shirt needs adjusting, or your pants are in need of a licks! LOL;)My buns come up and nip (more of pull) to. It's like bunny beauty shop LOL. the nipping may hurt buts it's just affection. I dodn't know how to stop it, but your Rex sounds like a veryfreindly bun!!

-TK

Well that is good...he loves me he really loves me!! Well it was one of my "house working" shirts...so maybe he was telling me not to do house work!! lol

He is awesomely friendly and loves everyone. I adore him he has such a personality!

When my bun was a bit younger, I tried to remember to change into older clothes before playing with her, so that she didn't put holes in my nicer tops, t-shirts and jeans. But it still happened - it's never really annoyed me much, because it's clear that she's showing affection. But I have somehow gotten her to "get" the word "gentle" when she's checking out/grooming my clothes. She's generally pretty good about not using her teeth if I say the word to her and then praise her, but sometimes she forgets. :)

At any rate, you're being treated like one of the buns, which is pretty neat!

Latest posts

Back