Question about Adult rabbits and Alfalfa hay as a TREAT?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 25471

Lionel and Murphy
Reaction score
I bought some small (3x4") boxes that I want to stuff and leave as a busy toy/treat for them. Can I stuff it with Alfalfa Hay for just an occasional treat? Or am I opening a Pandoras box by letting them get a taste of it again in their adulthood (1 1/2 yrs old) If so, Any other suggestions for something dried to put in there or mix with Tim Hay to make them want to busy themselves with it?

stuff pellets and veggies/leafy greens maybe a few dried herbs and they will have a fun toy with hay and their normal food ☺️

I would stick Timothy Hay and a couple of pellets/herbs along with some foraging mix into a willow basket and my rabbit will be on the basket for quite some time. It keeps her busy!

Some dried herbs are a good idea (the fresh will wilt) I did just try (2) dried cranberries in with the hay and he tossed it all over the place.

You can give a little bit of alfalfa hay as a treat but it might be best to mix a little of their regular hay in as well. So half grass hay, half alfalfa.

Latest posts

Back