Quacking noises- should I be concerned?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minilopbun

Reaction score
Hi everyone Baci is almost 5 months so he's already reached sexual maturity. His hormones haven't been a problem so far which is great, I actually think he loves me more because of them lol! Anyway, a couple of months ago he started making this buzzing noise when he's excited and when he circles my feet. But tonight, he was running circles around my feet QUACKING! It didn't sound like a bee buzzing but like a duck quacking. I laughed at first thinking it was hormones and he's gotten more vocal with his honking, but then I started reading things about breathing problems and got nervous. He only did it when he ran around my feet. The rest of his binky time consisted of the buzzing noise. Is this quacking just normal hormonal sounds or should I be worried???

Mine makes that buzzing nose too which i think is very cute and he definately does it the most when he sees a girl bunny. I haven't heard a quacking nose before, but you could hold him up to your ear and if you don't hear any kind of congestion or see any discharge from his nose - I would say its something hormonal and not to worry.

I don't hear any congestion ...that I notice anyway but I'm sure if it was an issue I would be able to hear some sort of difficulty breathing? And there's no discharge... I'm assuming it was hormones because he only made the sounds when circling my feet (lol guess I'm a pretty bunny!) then he went back to normal buzzing sounds. I'll listen for when he does it next and try to see if it sounds painful or congested.

Thanks!

Sometimes when Steve gets a little too amorous (spring fever, he is neutered) he lets out something louder than a buzz. I don't think it's an issue. Now he even buzzes for treats and when he's in a very good mood. We love it.

Latest posts

Back