Putting rabbit back outside

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
I bring my rabbit indoors during winter and have now put her in her outdoor hutch. It is safe warm etc and she seems happy. I just wondered what anyone else does with their rabbits? I feel guilty when I put her out but she has more space in it.

My rabbits have free roam in my bedroom, in its entirety, and let them out into the main house after work. Because we have far too many predators in area (hawks, dogs, cats), I can't keep them outdoors. It took me a minute to tell my mother-in-law to not waste money on an outdoor hutch because of that very reason. I don't know how it is where you live, but as long as your baby is safe and happy, I don't think you should feel guilty doing it. You're giving her fresh air and somewhere else to be for a while.
Edit: As a lot of us know, rabbits tend to be curious when they enter a new area. lol

My rabbits have free roam in my bedroom, in its entirety, and let them out into the main house after work. Because we have far too many predators in area (hawks, dogs, cats), I can't keep them outdoors. It took me a minute to tell my mother-in-law to not waste money on an outdoor hutch because of that very reason. I don't know how it is where you live, but as long as your baby is safe and happy, I don't think you should feel guilty doing it. You're giving her fresh air and somewhere else to be for a while.
Edit: As a lot of us know, rabbits tend to be curious when they enter a new area. lol
Thanks for your reply. I’m in Cambridgeshire UK and we have the occasional fox and cats but the hutch is double meshed and also we pull a clear plastic cover down at night designed for the hutch for weather protection. I also have a pair of red eyes that flicker on all night in front of her hutch. My other rabbit he’s 12 and indoors due to his age and needs. Interesting your bunnies can roam if I lived alone I would do that too. Pic of Jasper he’s 12 and him with Skye she’s 3.5 but I can’t leave them alone together because he constantly pesters her to mate and she gets stressed out,

Attachments

• 7492FA67-8B3A-40F3-8869-902E583ED822.jpeg
    7492FA67-8B3A-40F3-8869-902E583ED822.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • FB23C0D9-5D71-4EB0-BDBB-F201A58108AF.jpeg
    FB23C0D9-5D71-4EB0-BDBB-F201A58108AF.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back