Purple Mountain Rabbitry Blog 2011-Binkying Around!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Mountain Rabbitry

Reaction score
Binkying Around!!!

Well it's 2011 I figured I would finally get around and start the new blog for 2011. We have had a rough go so far. First my B&W MR buck, Rhett,became allergic to penicillin and got very sick. He's doing alot better thankfully. Then my crossbred buck peanutt got an abcess on his left testical that we had to cut off, well my vet tech friend did. So now he only has 1 1/2 testicals. Than I found a major fault with the doe I kept out of my first litter and now I have to cull her. Yeah it has not been a good year so far.

I am hopping my chocolate doe is bred. I bred Summer to my broken castor buck, Puck. Of course it would be just my luck if she didn't.

4H has been great so far. I have some awesome demos for this year, Rabbit diseases and COOL (Country of Origin Labeling). I am this years sec/tres. The hist/rep is Stuart. The VP is Wyatt. and the Pres is Amanda. We ticked some people off but thats ok.

My brother and I managed to get our FSA loans. And we have picked out our cattle. I wish the weather in Oregon would clear up so I can get my cattle. Again it is just my luck that all of my cattle are in Oregon and the weather wont clear up. I really need to get everyone on grain. Our weigh ins are CCF March 5 and WIF March 19. I'll add pics later.

Well I think thats it for now.

Happy Trails!!!!!!!

Ok so I got my cattle in yesterday. I'll have to do ALOT more work than I thought. oh well. We got the heifers unloaded with a little bit of a fight from them. Well then we unloaded one of the steers doing this one at a time, they are almost to the pen (we couldn't back in the trailer due to the mud) and he blew apart and the boys lost control of him and we ended up chasing him for an hour and a half, finally we got him in. we dropped the other two at a friends who had a pen we could back to, they'll stay there till it dries up out here. We got all the paperwork in order and we named the heifers. so now for pics

RW SS BILLION DOLLAR COCKTAIL (AKA TINKERBELL)

13639_181507_490000000.jpg

RW SS SPOTLIGHT ON ME (AKA JASMINE)

13639_181507_260000000.jpg

I can't wait to show this year. I'll have to find the pics of the steers.

Crystal

Oh I like the new name! :biggrin2:Congrats on your loans and new additions. I'm looking forward to hearing more. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back