Purple mark?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaitlinT00

Reaction score
Last night my mom noticed that Bella's fur was thinning out right around her left hip. Its so thin that if you were to shuffle the hair around, you could see her skin. When i was looking again this morning, i came across a small bunny-poop sized (couldnt think of anything else to compare it to) round purple mark on her skin. I checked for any fur mites, and i couldnt see any and she hasnt been over scratching the area (seems like shes been grooming normally) so i dont think its that. I will add also that she has been starting to moult (weirdly too cause it started from the back rather than from her neck).

Attachments

• 20200207_124723.jpg
    20200207_124723.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 13
Update: the bruise has doubled in size since this morning and i found another spot near it.

Sorry, I don't know what that is. I had a rabbit once that lost all her fur on her tail. I never saw any mites, but I treated her for mites anyway. Her fur grew back. I think it would be a good idea to treat Bella for mites as a precaution, and watch her behavior to see if she is rubbing her fur against anything. Is Bella a house rabbit or does she live outside?

Sorry, I don't know what that is. I had a rabbit once that lost all her fur on her tail. I never saw any mites, but I treated her for mites anyway. Her fur grew back. I think it would be a good idea to treat Bella for mites as a precaution, and watch her behavior to see if she is rubbing her fur against anything. Is Bella a house rabbit or does she live outside?
Shes a house rabbit.. do you have any suggestions for mite ointments or is it something i should go to my vet for?

Latest posts

Back