Pulling an all nighter with a bunny and a heating pad

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
My vet said that Willow is too weak to regulate his own body temp and that is why he's freezing cold, breathing slow,and has a slower heart beat. That everything slows down when they are sick and his slower breathing is causing his colder body temp.

He wanted me to stick a heating pad under Willow's cage, but the way it's build, the pad wouldn't ever touch the bottom of the cage (it's a little raised). And I have no other cages or anything to put him in.

He's been in his cage with a space heater next to him, and while the room was very very toasty, he was still very cold.

So I guess my only option is to wrap him in a towel (which he's been wrapped all day anyways) and set a heating pad on low under him. I'll be up all night.

Are there any other options I am missing? Not to sound like a weiner, but it's only 9:30pm and I am so freaking tired already.

I have wrapped bunnies in towels and taken them to bed with me so my body heat keeps them warm and I am awake if they have issues.

Yeah...so I take my bunny care to the extreme....Art says he never figured a bunny would come between us - but they have!

Peg

I just can't pull an all-nighter, it's not even 10pm and I am about to drop. That's why he wanted me to put the heating pad under the cage, but it won't work cause of the way the cage is built.

Was hoping for an alternative because I just can't stay awake. I'm ready to fall asleep at the keyboard.

Could you use some hot rice socks or hot water bottle?

Just get up every hour or so to stick the rice sock in the microwave?

You could also put a towel under the heating pad to raise it up so it will sit under the cage bottom?

--Dawn

There is no way to raise the heating pad up by laying it on something so that it will touch the bottom of the cage?

_________
Nadia

Also, what about drapping towells over the cage as well to help hold in the heat?

Even if the heating pad is only touching the cage through a layer of to well it should still warm up the cage. Even if it's not touching the cage but underneath there should still be enough radiant heat to help warm up little bun.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back