Problems with rabbit's poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you could keep her on hay for a few days and see if there's any changes, one day is too short time I think.

I thought about you and only reason I can think is that she's growing and reached age when she doesn't need 16% protein it's too rich for her so I would keep her on hay for a few more days if this improves after a week I would change her pellets to adult pellets with 13% protein and would also be strict with dosing them. She's mini sized and her portions should be smaller, only babies get unlimited pellets but i start limiting at about 16 weeks, I know you limit already but maybe protein is too high.

Other thing is that there maybe some of ingredients in her food that are surplus for her, I see there are some quite egzotic ingredients here I will post composition again at the end of my comment.

If she still have those soft wet stinky zeppelins after one week on hay and water then I don't know maybe check her liver but I have no experience with that, maybe JBun could suggest what tests could be done.

My personal opinion is that she just reached age when her pellets are too rich for her body but there could be more opinions on that hopefully you will get more responses here

--------------
Composition:
Vegetable by-products (Timothy Hay 53%, herbal hay 10%, 5% chicory, Inulin 0.2%, yucca schidigera 0.05%, grape seed extract 0.01%), seeds, vegetable protein extracts, fruits (apple 5%) , minerals, oils and fats, Seaweed (spirulina powder 0.01%).

Additives/kg: Oregano: 120 mg.

Nutritional additives/kg: Vitamin A 9.000 IU, Vitamin D3 1000 IU, Vitamin E 100 IU, Vitamin C 350 mg, Vitamin K3 8.9 mg, Vitamin B1 20 mg, Vitamin B2 26 mg, Vitamin B6 23 mg, Vitamin B12 77 mg, niacin 130 mg, pantothenic acid 50 mg, biotin 660 mg, folic acid 3.5 mg, choline 1300 mg, E2 I (iodine) 1.53 mg, E4 Cu (copper) 12 mg, E5 Mn (manganese) 30 mg, E6 Zn (zinc) 60 mg, E8 Se (selenium) 0.06 mg.

Analytical:
Crude fiber 24%
Crude protein 16%
Crude ash 7.5%
Oils and fats 3.4%
Potassium 1.4%
Calcium 0.8%
Phosphorus 0.4%
Magnesium 0.19%
Natrium 0.17%

Yes, @zuppa that is a good idea.she is probly growing out of 16% protein. Now that she is older you should go get the 13% or lower pellets, don't change it to much to fast because that can cause its own problems. Let us know how it is going though!

If you could keep her on hay for a few days and see if there's any changes, one day is too short time I think.

I thought about you and only reason I can think is that she's growing and reached age when she doesn't need 16% protein it's too rich for her so I would keep her on hay for a few more days if this improves after a week I would change her pellets to adult pellets with 13% protein and would also be strict with dosing them. She's mini sized and her portions should be smaller, only babies get unlimited pellets but i start limiting at about 16 weeks, I know you limit already but maybe protein is too high.

Other thing is that there maybe some of ingredients in her food that are surplus for her, I see there are some quite egzotic ingredients here I will post composition again at the end of my comment.

If she still have those soft wet stinky zeppelins after one week on hay and water then I don't know maybe check her liver but I have no experience with that, maybe JBun could suggest what tests could be done.

My personal opinion is that she just reached age when her pellets are too rich for her body but there could be more opinions on that hopefully you will get more responses here

--------------
Composition:
Vegetable by-products (Timothy Hay 53%, herbal hay 10%, 5% chicory, Inulin 0.2%, yucca schidigera 0.05%, grape seed extract 0.01%), seeds, vegetable protein extracts, fruits (apple 5%) , minerals, oils and fats, Seaweed (spirulina powder 0.01%).

Additives/kg: Oregano: 120 mg.

Nutritional additives/kg: Vitamin A 9.000 IU, Vitamin D3 1000 IU, Vitamin E 100 IU, Vitamin C 350 mg, Vitamin K3 8.9 mg, Vitamin B1 20 mg, Vitamin B2 26 mg, Vitamin B6 23 mg, Vitamin B12 77 mg, niacin 130 mg, pantothenic acid 50 mg, biotin 660 mg, folic acid 3.5 mg, choline 1300 mg, E2 I (iodine) 1.53 mg, E4 Cu (copper) 12 mg, E5 Mn (manganese) 30 mg, E6 Zn (zinc) 60 mg, E8 Se (selenium) 0.06 mg.

Analytical:
Crude fiber 24%
Crude protein 16%
Crude ash 7.5%
Oils and fats 3.4%
Potassium 1.4%
Calcium 0.8%
Phosphorus 0.4%
Magnesium 0.19%
Natrium 0.17%
I think that you are right. I don't think that she has a liver problem because these poops doesn't apear all the time, only in a specific situation and at specific hour.
The problem is that I have 2 kg of this Beaphar pellet left hahaha
I will give her less, maybe not 30g but like 15g? And after she eats it I will buy her pellets for adult rabbits :)
Thank you all for suggestions, I am happy that everything is fine with her!

It takes more than a day off pellets and free feeding a grass hay, for the microflora in the cecum to balance out and correct itself Try reading these links. They explain how the cecum works, the digesyive issues that can happen with the cecum, and some ways certain problems can be corrected.
https://rabbit.org/intermittent-soft-cecotropes-in-rabbits/
https://rabbit.org/disorders-of-the-cecum/

Also remember that diet isn't the only possible cause of digestive issues, just the most common.
Thanks, I read this links but I don't think that my rabbit has any of this disorders, it doesn't look like that. I will give her a really small amount of pellets everyday and see what happens because I think that @zuppa is right and my rabbit eats just too much protein. Hope it helps and it is not a really serious problem, just something wrong with diet and not exactly with my bunny :) received_943442582738674.jpeg

u
It takes more than a day off pellets and free feeding a grass hay, for the microflora in the cecum to balance out and correct itself Try reading these links. They explain how the cecum works, the digesyive issues that can happen with the cecum, and some ways certain problems can be corrected.
https://rabbit.org/intermittent-soft-cecotropes-in-rabbits/
https://rabbit.org/disorders-of-the-cecum/

Also remember that diet isn't the only possible cause of digestive issues, just the most common.
update, this poops appeared less wet and smaller than before. Here is the pic with a comparison to normal poop. @JBun, can you please look at these? IMG_20200323_090856.jpg IMG_20200323_090904.jpg

u

update, this poops appeared less wet and smaller than before. Here is the pic with a comparison to normal poop. @JBun, can you please look at these? View attachment 45890 View attachment 45891
Hi there!! My mini lop boy had poops that seemed kind of the same when he was about 4 months old. They were like cecos mixed with normal poops. They came for a couple of days, stopped and then about a week later they came again for a few days. After that, he hasn’t had them again. I don’t think it’s very much to worry about, unless she starts seeming uncomfortable, stops eating or stops producing normal poops. I wouldn’t worry too much; just watch her!

Hi there!! My mini lop boy had poops that seemed kind of the same when he was about 4 months old. They were like cecos mixed with normal poops. They came for a couple of days, stopped and then about a week later they came again for a few days. After that, he hasn’t had them again. I don’t think it’s very much to worry about, unless she starts seeming uncomfortable, stops eating or stops producing normal poops. I wouldn’t worry too much; just watch her!
Ohh hers also seem like cecotropes mixed with normal poops. Maybe it is the same case. Thank you! She doesn't look like something is wrong, she eats a lot, drinks and she is active

Latest posts

Back