Problem with dewclaw, need your advice please.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juste

Reaction score
So i was cutting Diva's nails today, and couldn't find dewclaw on her one paw, then under heir i found little nail piece. i tried to take some pictures, what could it be, did she somehow broke it off🥺
Otherwise she is eating, drinking and acting the same, she is doing binkys and running. Although there was a few days when she was sleeping more in her cage and not running around, but i thought that maybe she is upset because Floky being mean to her(she was still eating normally)
Photos is not very clear. But it does look like she broke it right next to quick, or is it something else?What do you think? Should i take her to vet? Should i apply something on her nail?
20201128_211709.jpg20201128_211726.jpg20201128_211745.jpg

It looks like she broke it off, it happened to Theo once when he was playing. It doesn't look infected so I don't think she needs a vet visit. I wouldn't put anything on it because she will probably just lick it right off. It should heal on its own!

It looks like she broke it off, it happened to Theo once when he was playing. It doesn't look infected so I don't think she needs a vet visit. I wouldn't put anything on it because she will probably just lick it right off. It should heal on its own!
Thank you for putting my mind at ease! I got really scared when i saw it in this condition. I didn't even notice when it happened, there were no blood.

It looks like it had been broken off at one point, but looks like its growing back normal to me.

Latest posts

Back