Probios Feed Granules

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anneq

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been discussed here sometime before, but having read awhile ago that probios comes now in powder form & granular form, I was wondering what the amount/quantity would be for a 4-5lb.rabbit?
The smallest animal they list is chickens, but that's 2lbs.per ton of feed, lol.

I was thinking of buying this because I have used bene-bac on my doe a couple times and she ABSOLUTELY hates it and really puts up a battle to get it in her mouth.
So mixing something into the pellets would be a lot less of a struggle if I could find the feed rate.

http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc/search_results.asp?CID=2&mscssid=RQ783L3M72998PE5B1DDSB5NXD4T73P3&keywords=probios&cmkw=probios

I almost picked-up some of the powder Probios at Walmart in the pet section, but then I read there was sucrose listed as the first ingredient and didn't want to mess with putting that in the pellets.

Any advice would be welcome

"Shame on me!!":p

If you have a memory like me, this happens ALL too often, lol.
No worries then, I just was curious about dosage, and wanted a definite answer about buying the powder or granular forumla with no sucrose added.

I tsp per day for a calf ; I'll have to ask randy how to do this as it seems like the amount would be very small..
I might be able to find the same probiotic for a smaller animal

I am just talking about pure probios not probios in the pellets ; Is that what you meant?

if so give me the link over to the exact product that you were talking about.

Thanks

PROBIOS[sup]®[/sup] FEED GRANULES
Vets Plus Contains a source of live (viable), naturally occurring microorganisms
GUARANTEE
Lactic Acid Bacteria*, not less than 10 Million CFU**/g
*Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus plantarum
**Colony Forming Units
INGREDIENTS: Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Silico Aluminate, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, and Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product.
STORAGE AND HANDLING: Store in a cool, dry area for maximum stability. Avoid leaving bag open for extended period of time. This product is intended as a stabilized source of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, and Lactobacillus plantarum only. Buyer assumes all responsibility for use, storage and handling of this product. Vets Plus, Inc. makes no other claims or warranties expressed or implied, and will not be responsible for consequential or incidental damages.
DIRECTIONS
ANIMAL
BEEF
Calves
5 g/head/day in starter ration
Incoming Feedlot/
Stocker/Hospital
10 g/head/day in ration
Low Intake/Stale/
Environmental Stress
30 g/head/day for 3 days
DAIRY
Heifers
5 g/head/day in ration
Cows
5 g/head/day pre-freshening through peak lactation
Hospital
10 g/head/day
During Environmental Stress/Heat or Cold
10 g/head/day
SWINE
Sows
10 g/head/day two weeks prior to farrowing and during rotation
Starter/grower
5 g/head/day in ration
EQUINE
Foals
5 g/head/day in ration
Horses-Adult
5 g/head/day in ration
Training/Racing
5 g/head/day in ration
SHEEP/GOATS
5 g/head/day in starter ration
*Repeat as needed
5 g = 1 teaspoon (teaspoon scoop enclosed)
KEEP COOL AND DRY
SHAKE WELL, KEEP COOL
Vets Plus, Inc.
102 3[sup]rd[/sup] Ave E
Knapp, WI 54749
1-800-468-3877

http://www.probios.com

Disclaimer
Every effort has been made by Jeffers to ensure the accuracy of the information listed above. However, it remains your responsibility to become familiar with the products you are purchasing. Please consult your family veterinarian if you have any questions.

It sounds pretty good to me. They have all the right ingredients. Sorry about my internet ineptitude.

What's interesting to me is that the dose suggested doesn't seem to be in proportion to the weight of the animal, ie cow dose=horse dose=pig dose=sheep dose. Since I usually give 0.5-1g of Bene-Bac at a time, I think that would be an appropriate dose of this as well. So, 1/10 of a teaspoon? Sounds like the appropriate dose is "a pinch". I'm not 100% sure they would chew them though, as they may not taste very good.

". I'm not 100% sure they would chew them though, as they may not taste very good."
hmm, that's a thought, lol - guess I'll stick with powder even though there's sucrose.

no need to apologize for ineptitude - I do stuff like that ALL the time.:p

Latest posts

Back