Princess's and Prince's of the Fancy....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSAR

Reaction score
Well I though I would post Minnie's baby post!!

The little Princess's and Prince's are due tomorrow! Minnie has had a lot of practice of building her nest! So far so good!

I will be staying home tomorrow in case anything goes wrong and to make sure she has them in the nest box. Since we have already lost two litters we don't want to lose any more, especially not cute English Lops!!!!

So just so everyone knows here are some facts:

Minnesota(Minnie) is a Black EL. She is the mom.

Mississippi(Sippi) is a Broken Blue EL. He is the lucky dad that we are so glad isn't rasing this babies because they would be very crazy.

We will be naming them state names!!

We will take loads and loads and loads of pics!!!!!! Cuz Englishes are just so dainty!

and the last fact, I have come to confirm that English Lops have their own form of ADHD(Adult Defacit Hyperactivity Disorder) and its called BDHD (Bunny Defacit Hyperbinky Disorder) :pinkbouce:

ETA: Expect pics in the late afternoon. My sis wants tosee the babies beforepicsare public.

Lol Ali.

No babies yet! Minnie hasn't even pulled fur.
Hopefully soon though!
I will be checking on her again in about 20 minutes.
When I left the rabbitry she was eating her pellets, but when we walked in it looked like she was cleaning or doing something 'down there'.

I just got back from checking Minnie again and still no babies. She was just sitting in her cage.

Here are some pictures of her last night making the nest.

101_3405.jpg

101_3407.jpg

101_3414.jpg

101_3416.jpg
She was looking for more hay in this one. At one point her door was unlocked but shut, I caught her with hay in her mouth on her way out the cage! She was just looking, didn't go anywhere though because I locked her cage! lol she wanted the whole hay bucket!

No babies yet....:(

ETA: I just went out and checked again. No babies.

She's probably gonna make me and my sister have a heart attack by having Friday the 13th babies!!

I am going to start checking her every hour.

I know every rabbit is diffrent but my rabbits 99.99% of the time my does had their babies on day 32. From my rabbits I learned it is most comman for them the birth between 2-7 AM however the rest of the time it was either 9-11 PM, 2-4 PM, and 8-11 PM. I except for about 4-5 does most of them alwayskindled between 2-7 AM.

Yeah most does kindle in the early morning. I think Minnie will be having her babies tomorrow. Oh well I can wait, sorta, as long as they are all healthy and wonderful!!

Either me or my sister will stay home tomorrow with her to make sure it all goes smoothly.

I am getting ready to go and check on her but I am sure there will be no babies still.

ETA: Still none. Minnie was just sitting sorta hunched up, and her was sleeping.

Okay, we think Minnie is in labour at this very moment!
We went out to feed and there was fur in the nest, some blood, but we think that's from the fur.

She's having contractions, because we can see her body moving like that and all. I just got back in, she was laying down when I left.

I need to know what to look for in case she has a stuck kit so I can take her to the hospital if there is.
Do they act differently at all?

She was doing stuff "down there" and laying down, and she made a little grunt when she laid down, but she didn't grunt/make any other noise when it looked like she was having contractions.

The blood looks really fresh, and the fur looks freshly ripped. So I'm guessing she just started going into labour right before we got out there.

I will come back in in about 15-20 minutes to check any replies to this.

Thanks
Emily

I called my 4-H leader and she said we had to pull the kit out and so we were able to after some time. The kit had no head :( It was really deformed....eww it was so gross.

I will NEVER breed my EL's at 9 months old again. EVER. That's wayy too old. She's 10 months old now.

Okay Minnie is just sitting in her cage.
Checked "down there" and couldn't see anything...no kits or anything...
Doesn't look like she's having contractions or anything.

I'm out in the rabbitry right now. Will update asap.

Emily

Minnie seems to be fine now.
She was eating hay when we left. We're going to keep checking on her though.
I think there's no more babies, because if there were she would of had them by now. Her belly was so big though.

My 4-H leader thinks it has something to do with Sippi. I think that a little..., and because Minnie's pelvic bones might have already fused together...she's only 10 months old, but I'm sure it could of happened by now.

Nevertheless, if I ever have another EL doe to breed with, she's being bred at 8 months, 8 1/2 at the latest.

Will keep you guys updated. I'm so upset; this is the third litter we've lost since Ray was born. I'm so ready to just call it quits. Even though Sage's litter probably would of survived had one of us stayed home to make sure she made a proper nest (which is why Mandi stayed home today to make sure everything was ok).

Should change the rabbitry name to "Bad Luck Rabbitry".....:nosir:

Emily

I'm just checking back in - we went out for a couple of hours.

First of all - I'm VERY VERY sorry for your loss(es). I can understand how hard that must be - been there - done that....and I've done a lot of crying over babies that weren't healthy - no matter how hard I tried to do things right.

Now I could be very wrong with this - I don't know ELs that much - but I would think you would want to wait and breed them after 9 months of age....when we've talked in the past about breeding before the age of 1 - I was thinking about the dwarf (smaller?) breeds like lionheads, holland lops, mini rex, Nethies, etc. I know that flemish and some of the other larger breeds mature later.

I know you think she might not have any more - but I'd keep an eye on her - I've seen does give birth (even to dead kits) and turn around and have another one 24 hours later. I wouldn't plan on that - but still yet - it could happen.

Once again - I'm sorry for your loss. I know you were really looking forward to this and I was looking forward to it also.

Latest posts

Back