Princess's and Prince's of the Fancy....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Minnie is doing ok this morning. Please update us when you can.

x

*bump* You must be up by now :p I've waited all day for an update knowing you're 8 hours behind, and I'm impatient now! I might have to wait until morning :(

I hope she is doing ok.

Sorry we had school.
Minnie was seeming much much better this morning!
She actually drank alot of water on her own and was moving about much more!

My mom checked on her about two hours ago and she said there were hardly any pellets left over which Minnie has barely been eating much of them!

So this is good news! I don't think we will have to take her to the vet but we are going to continue keeping a close eye on her!
Please continue keeping her in your thoughts and prayers!

Minnie is still doing great!

However my 4h leader said (I emailed her the uterine infect. symptoms) that she most likely does have the infection. And to keep her on Vit C for a week and give her vinegar water for a few months. And as long as she is eating and acting more normal that is good.

She also said her belly will be distended, and her genitals sore for a while.

Well she said she most likely did, but I think it is already going.

Minnie's stomach isn't as swollen anymore and she is acting even more normal.

Plus we have Penicillin so we can use it if we need to.

Are you still using the penicillin? If ANY infection is suspected, she really should be kept on antibiotics. Still, this is such a dangerous type of infection that I'd prefer her to see a vet even though she's starting to feel better. We have no idea if penicillin is the most appropriate antibiotic for this, it just happens to beeasily boughtand works in some cases. What if she'd really do better on something else? I have known rabbits to die from uterine infections, it's not something to let sit and wait.

I'd take her to the vet, lavender, my old friends rabbit did die from a uterine infection, she didn't get to the vet early enough and was put down :(. The later she goes to the vet the bigger the bill will be if she has a infection.

We will take her to the vet if it doesn't continue to improve. But it seems to be, her abdomen isn't as swollen and everything.

Umm..wow. I really cant believe, and am quite disgusted, that a person such as a 4-H leader would tell you that vinegar water and Vit C is likely to solve a uterine infection. Its probably going to be very painful in the mean time. IMO this is animal cruelty, I am just shocked a 4-H leader who probably is looked up to and is a big part of rabbit community would not tell you to go to the vet ASAP. Hopefully Minnie doesnt get sicker/die because she wasnt given the basic rights - veterinary attention. If this is what your mother is like with the rabbits (refusing the vets) maybe it was a good thing the litter wasnt a sucess, I suggest until your mother is happy to take you to the vet dont have any more rabbits or litters. :(

I agree that she needs to go to the vet for a possible uterine infection. If it progresses too far, she may have to have the uterus removed, which would be bad for you because I assume you intend to continue breeding her. Rabbits can hide the pain of a uterine infection very well. I have heard of a rabbit going in for a routine spay and having the infection discovered, without any warning in her outward symptoms. The medical term for this kind of infection is pyometra.

Just quickly, if you plan to breed her again in the future, I would take her to the vet now.

She may have some remaining tissues from the pregnancy that, if left to rot and cause infection etc etc, could make her barren.

Not sure if there is a rabbit equivalent to a human D&C (where they scrape out your womb after a miscarriage), but she may need something similar.

Vitamen C wont be doing anything if she has an infection.

I find this so sad :( Poor Minnie not getting the treatment that she needs :( It made me think of the 5 Freedoms we have in the UK (from the RSPCA), and how she is not getting those 5 freedoms because she is not getting the treatment she really needs right now.

Please update us on how she is when you can.

I'm wondering what the heck the vinegar is for? Does this woman/man think that it's going to clean out her uterine walls from DRINKING it?

Latest posts

Back