preparing for the bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkandell11

Reaction score
ahhh ! so i dont know if anyone has seen my posts...
but i got my mom to fall inlove with the rabbit i found
and the petstore owner has agreed to hold the rabbit for a few weeks for me
because well.. im moving. anyways

i was wondering.. does anyone have any preferences for online stores
to buy food or toys or anything for a bunny?

also what should i do to prepare for the arrival of the bun?

YAY you are getting a bunny! welcome to being a bunny slave! I would suggest making your bunny a NIC cage if it is an indoor rabbit. NIC cages are very popular amoung the RO people and there are many pics and how to's to help you. For an online bunny supplies there is a store having a 10% off everything. Here is the link...

http://www.binkybunny.com/STORE/tabid/163/Default.aspx

Hope my info helped!

Aly!:)

I strongly recommend reading the guides on this site, in the Lagomorph Library. I have learnt so much from there, I'm really grateful! I'm a new bunny owner too, but the people here are very experienced and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask questions :D

tinymonster wrote:
I strongly recommend reading the guides on this site, in the Lagomorph Library. I have learnt so much from there, I'm really grateful! I'm a new bunny owner too, but the people here are very experienced and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask questions :D

I agree! I came on here without knowing much about bunnies and now I feel like I know soooo much. I love RO! I hope youare finding good info too!

Aly!:)

I would, however, not be pushed into using high dollar food. You can go cheap and still get the food your bunny will need to be health. However, cheap toys often= breaking. This is a rule that applies to dogs, cats, ferrets, rats, and bun-buns.

Walmart, btw has cheap, good bunny food.

IMHO, I disagree with LedaHartwood to the extent that not everything Walmart sells is good for your rabbit.
Stay away from anything that isn't a boring looking pellet. Rabbit pellets should never look fun. Oxbow, Purina, Martins, are all good names.
Kaytee tends to fancy up their feed with useless, sugary gunk.

If you would be willing to post your location, I'm sure members in your area could direct you to a decent brand.

*** Leda, I am confused by your use of the term "pushed". Perhaps you would explain what you mean exactly? Are you referring to RO? or pet stores?

I would agree with NorthernAutumn on the food. Walmart has a decent alfalfa pellet...for baby bunnies but in the walmarts we have around here I have not seen ANY timothy based pellets. Rabbits that are over 7 mos should be switched over to Timothy based pellets because alfalfa is too high in fat for them. And like NorthernAutumn said, you want to stay away from the "fun looking" food. It's just junk food for rabbits and some of it can make the bun sick too.

I have found a type by Kaytee that isn't too expensive and is the right kind of food. It's call Timothy Complete and it's comparable to Oxbow but for a cheaper price. I find mine at PetSmart. Just remember that not ALL kaytee is good for buns..kaytee has a lot of not so good food out there too. Just look for the timothy complete bag :)

As for toys...I find that my buns love the little cat toys that they can throw around. They like the ones that look like little drums with a bell in the middle. They also love cardboard boxes, toilet paper rolls, old stuffies, etc. A lot of inexpensive stuff can be great rabbit toys! I'd actually only get maybe one or two for now and some cardboard boxes, toilet paper rolls and then see what the rabbit likes. All rabbits are different and it's best not to buy too much until you know what that one likes.

www.binkybunny.com does have a lot of great rabbit toys though, so once you know if yours is a hider, a thrower, a chewer or whichever I definitely recommend that site's store. She has some great willow toys..my buns go nuts for willow!

Latest posts

Back