Preparing for a bunny sitter.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuage

Reaction score
I go on vacation next week, and I'm preparing for Oreo to go to my grandparents (they used to have rabbits). I bagged each serving of pellets, and will do the same with veggies later. I got hay and litter for Oreo. I purchased extra pens so she can somewhat free roam, but she will still be contained (since the house isn't bunny-proofed). I'm going to bring multiple toys that can be changed out during the week. I will bring water from my house so then it will be familiar (even though it probably won't matter that much). I wrote out everything, including my vet and emergency vet's number. I'm also going to be staying there the first night with Oreo, so Oreo won't be as stressed. Is there anything I'm missing?

Sounds like you have it all. My only note would be to be sure that the instructions are extremely short and simple. Only stress the most important parts.

I found a sample of a printout I had in the past. (It says "rabbit" because I also had instructions for other pets as well which I took out to paste here)

MORNING:

Rabbit – add hay, fill water

DINNERTIME:

Rabbit – handful (about 2 cups worth) of washed lettuce (romaine or red-leaf, green leaf) (no iceberg)

EVENING/BEDTIME:

Rabbit – add hay, fill water, 1/2ish scoop of pellets

Latest posts

Back