Pregnant rabbits urine red.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
So... I've owned rabbits for YEARS and my rabbits have never had red urine , she's pregnant and it's day 28 , i put the nest box in there and she's been spending a lot of time in there , ( up to 14 hours in 24 hour span) and she's started nesting yesterday and has had red urine since this morning .
I can't get to the vet , and i don't want to go , in case it's not an emergency . ( i can get there tomorrow at 12 )
Does anyone know why this is?

Red *is* within the normal color spectrum for rabbit urine, though it's less common. Most often, it's caused by something they've eaten (plant pigments). This site has a good article about it. As long as the red stuff is definitely urine, there's no cause for concern as it's completely harmless to the rabbit.

PS: pictures of kits are always appreciated around here ;)

Red *is* within the normal color spectrum for rabbit urine, though it's less common. Most often, it's caused by something they've eaten (plant pigments). This site has a good article about it. As long as the red stuff is definitely urine, there's no cause for concern as it's completely harmless to the rabbit.

PS: pictures of kits are always appreciated around here ;)
Thanks ;)
She's supposed to be having them today!!!!!!!:p:D

Latest posts

Back