Pregnant rabbits fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstysharp2847

Reaction score
I have a pregnant rabbit who became pregnant somewhere between the 22 - 26 of January. Today I went into her cage and saw a few clumps of fur and her fur has gotten loose as I can pull fur from her. Is this normal, as it's still quite early days.

Her fur being easy to pull and her starting to pull it, means she's likely to have those babies soon, probably with in a week or sooner. I would make sure she has a nesting box and lots of hay to start building her nest so it's all ready when those babies come. If this is all new to you, even if not an accidental pregnancy, this link has good info on accidental litters, so you can know what to plan for and expect.
https://flashsplace.webs.com/accidentallitters.htm

Her fur being easy to pull and her starting to pull it, means she's likely to have those babies soon, probably with in a week or sooner. I would make sure she has a nesting box and lots of hay to start building her nest so it's all ready when those babies come. If this is all new to you, even if not an accidental pregnancy, this link has good info on accidental litters, so you can know what to plan for and expect.
Ok thank you so much!

Is it normal for her to give birth early as she was bread around 22 - 26 of January?

Not that early, that's just about a week ago. If it is out of question that she got accidentially bred before she isn't due before 4 weeks are over.

Nesting early, around 2 weeks, can be a sign of a false pregnancy, but not a very conclusive one, no way to be sure other than waiting the full month.

A few tufts of hair could be just molting too.

I have a pregnant rabbit who became pregnant somewhere between the 22 - 26 of January. Today I went into her cage and saw a few clumps of fur and her fur has gotten loose as I can pull fur from her. Is this normal, as it's still quite early days.
Wow exciting.... any babies yet?

Nope but I have 2 does that are pregnant and one that I bred this morning!
Amazing. I'm worried as my girl gave birth 27th January. When my other doe had hers I found out when the nest was moving but I didn't actually realise she was pregnant lol. Is it likely that they are really snug in the nest... I'm hoping it's just that they haven't yet even opened their eyes and that I'm just being silly. Xxxx

Amazing. I'm worried as my girl gave birth 27th January. When my other doe had hers I found out when the nest was moving but I didn't actually realise she was pregnant lol. Is it likely that they are really snug in the nest... I'm hoping it's just that they haven't yet even opened their eyes and that I'm just being silly. Xxxx
What material is the nest made out of?

What material is the nest made out of?
Sorry pressed like for some reason. There is very good quality straw, and she has a lot of her own fur which she had put at the bottom before she gave birth. I saw her have them, so gave her a load more straw. The hutch is in a warm garage, and it's insulated.

Sorry pressed like for some reason. There is very good quality straw, and she has a lot of her own fur which she had put at the bottom before she gave birth. I saw her have them, so gave her a load more straw. The hutch is in a warm garage, and it's insulated.
And also, the straw is now on top including more of bonnies own fur.

They should be alright. Sounds like a good nest!
Thank you. Someone I know said they had probably died. But think he is just being bitchy as I had 8 rabbits that I sold at Christmas to separate homes. He had a few to sell too but people came to me as I sold them for a much lower price as I wanted them to go to good homes so was looking after the well fair of the rabbits not my pocket. Think he's peed off lol xx xx

Thank you. Someone I know said they had probably died. But think he is just being bitchy as I had 8 rabbits that I sold at Christmas to separate homes. He had a few to sell too but people came to me as I sold them for a much lower price as I wanted them to go to good homes so was looking after the well fair of the rabbits not my pocket. Think he's peed off lol xx xx
Haha you could pick them up to see.

Bonnie won't harm them will she? I am new to this and am grateful for help xx xx
If your bonded and she trusts you then there should be no problem, if not then you could distract her with veg and then pick them up with thin gloves xx

It’s important to check on the kits often. You’re checking to make sure they’re being fed, and If one dies you must remove it ASAP.

Most of our does didn’t mind us checking the nestbox. Those few that did, we either distracted them or pulled the box out to check, then replaced it.

Latest posts

Back