Pregnant Rabbit Bleeding!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the bleeding has stopped, and her appetite is back to normal I would just keep an eye on her.When was the date that you think she got bred? She could possibly still be pregnant so beware. Please keep us updated and I am glad that you are coming here for help. Please don't hestitate to ask!

Sharon

I have no idea when she was bred...How many days is it until they start fattening up after the male and female have done there stuff?

And thanks for yor help everyone :)

Heather

Gestation is 31 days. I would take every precaution not to allow the rabbits to mate if you do not have the resources for medical care. Numerous rabbits can get very expensive!

Pam

They don't really "fatten up" the way a dog or cat would do. You usually can't look at a rabbit and tell it is pregnant at all. Because they are a prey animal, they don't get the big awkward size, in a wild rabbit that would make them a target for predators.

Hey Guys,

She is fine now, No blood since i first started this thread.

Her appetite is still there and eating well, Not too keen on her veg's though bt she does eat some of them.

Only one more thing, She only seems to drink when i go into her, which I am rather concerned about. She can get to it and drink through it so its not like she carnt drink from it :?I make sure I atleast go into her 3 times a day ''At least'' so she is sure to keep drinking and stay hydrated.

Any ideas about this?

Heather

Hi Sharon,

Noooo Lol I mean when I got into the shed to her hutch, she always has a bottle which has always got fresh water in it. I leave the bottle where it usually is and when i goin the shed to do something she will come up to the bars and start drinking and if i go she dont drink no more.

Heather

If her droppings are moist and properly formed, then she's getting enough to drink. Additional moisture can be added to the diet by giving small amounts of dark leafy greens and small pieces of carrots or apples.

It's likely that she's drinking when you are not around if she goes up to the bottle when you go into the shed.

Pam

Latest posts

Back