Pregnant doe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MunchLax

Reaction score
Hey there I have a 8 month old netherland dwarf pregnant doe (about 14 days) but lately she has not been liking pee pads under her fleece, litter box. Any alternatives to help this? Her set up is in an c&c grid about maybe 4 ft long.

Not quite sure I'm understanding your setup. Is there fleece on the flooring and then the litter box is a separate box? What type of litter is being used? There should be no need for pee pads at all... either under fleece or in a litter box.

Not quite sure I'm understanding your setup. Is there fleece on the flooring and then the litter box is a separate box? What type of litter is being used? There should be no need for pee pads at all... either under fleece or in a litter box.
So the litter box is ontop of the fleece, and for the litter box there is only pellets, and bedding from Kaytee.

I see. As I mentioned, you should be just fine without any pee pads. Along the same lines, the bedding from Kaytee isn't necessary either. If you've been using it for softness, you could, instead, just use hay. That way she has easy access to hay. The hay should also be less expensive than the Kaytee bedding. (Of course, if you just like using [and buying] the bedding, that's your call.)

Shes pregnant mine always mange to turn their pee pads into nest stuffing. This is normal nesting behavior.

Ha yes, a couple of my pregnant does also enjoyed ripping up their pee pads for their nest.
For a while, I also thought it was because they didn't like them, or were annoyed with them, but I soon realized, they were following nature and ripping and digging them up to move around the place, to make a nest

Latest posts

Back