Pregnant doe pulling out fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy Land

Reaction score
I bred my doe 28 days ago
She has gained some weight in the last couple week (not a lot tho), and I put in the nesting box a couple days ago
Yesterday morning I did the normal chores, nothing special
But when a came later in the day I saw she has put some hay and pull out some fur and did a nice nest
When would I expect the babies?
I'm so excited and I can't wait!

That’s so exciting! I wouldn’t have half the will power to breed any of my bunnies (hence why I neuter them :oops:)
Good luck to your doe, with all those babies! Is it her first litter or has she been bred before? Also what breed will the babies be!

Thanks!
And yes it's her first litter
She is Mini Rex x Californian and the dad is Mini Rex
So we'll have 3/4 Mini Rex babies! Can't wait!

30-32 days for normal pregnancy. If shes already pulling fur that's a very good sign that everything is in order I would just keep an eye on her over the next few days. Personally I socialize with my Does quite a bit pregnant or not so that it is a regular thing and once the babies arrive you have less chance of them getting cranky and cage aggressive I touch the kindling box quite a bit as well so my scent is on it and offer some fresh herbs such as cilantro while doing so. If she hasnt had them by day 33 schedule a vet visit as there may be issues but right now I would just go about business as usual with your buns. Rolled oats and black oil sunflower seeds (about a quarter cup of a half and half ratio of them per day in addition to regular foods) will help to sort out milk production especially as some Moms have issues starting up. Some raspberries, especially the leaves of the plant (well washed) will be a treat and help to ensure that there are no uterine issues for your doe. Also the above all best thing for rabbits in nearly any scenario is fresh dandelion any part of the plant will help with a myriad of problems from milk production to G.I. issues. Some grocery stores are selling it in the produce section and if all else fails you can always try to gather some from outside; wash well, they can eat the flowers as well as the leaves and you can make a tea with the roots and add that to their water. Make sure to rub the Does belly, as well if you have problems with that, gently as she will be sensitive. Good luck to you!

30-32 days for normal pregnancy. If shes already pulling fur that's a very good sign that everything is in order I would just keep an eye on her over the next few days. Personally I socialize with my Does quite a bit pregnant or not so that it is a regular thing and once the babies arrive you have less chance of them getting cranky and cage aggressive I touch the kindling box quite a bit as well so my scent is on it and offer some fresh herbs such as cilantro while doing so. If she hasnt had them by day 33 schedule a vet visit as there may be issues but right now I would just go about business as usual with your buns. Rolled oats and black oil sunflower seeds (about a quarter cup of a half and half ratio of them per day in addition to regular foods) will help to sort out milk production especially as some Moms have issues starting up. Some raspberries, especially the leaves of the plant (well washed) will be a treat and help to ensure that there are no uterine issues for your doe. Also the above all best thing for rabbits in nearly any scenario is fresh dandelion any part of the plant will help with a myriad of problems from milk production to G.I. issues. Some grocery stores are selling it in the produce section and if all else fails you can always try to gather some from outside; wash well, they can eat the flowers as well as the leaves and you can make a tea with the roots and add that to their water. Make sure to rub the Does belly, as well if you have problems with that, gently as she will be sensitive. Good luck to you!
Thanks for all that info!

So little update here,
We are on day 31, no babies yet
But this morning on top of her nesting box a saw little stains
It's kinda reddish (I don't think it's blood)
I checked her everywhere and nothing abnormal
Does that mean the babies are close to be born?
I'll try to take a picture of the stains

Here are the pictures
Also I forgot to mention that she is eating and acting normal other then that

Attachments

• IMG_5785.JPG
    IMG_5785.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi, I understand you are very excited but would suggest just leave her alone cover her place with a blanket so she could have some privacy and stop checking on her constantly, it only gives her stress and also rabbits don't like to be watched when giving birth or nursing so bear that in mind, she might wait when nobody's watching her. She's doing good so far it's about time and you can come say hello every morning and evening while adding some hay, many of does have babies at night when it's quiet and no one can see them.
Also don't worry too much if there's a few days delay it happens pretty often (up to 36, rarely 43 days) and she can eat less before it it's normal too. Make sure she has plenty of fresh water as when it starts she will drink a lot.
Try not to disturb her too much give her some privacy, darkened quiet place lots of hay and water. Don't touch her if it is not necessary. Let her be she'll be fine :)

I only come check her 2 or 3 times a day so that's fine, I know they like to be alone in those moments;)
And I try not to pick her up since day 25 about, I don't want to hurt her or the babies

And of course I'm going to send some pics of the babies!;)

She had two babies (I don't know if she still got some in her belly...:|)
First picture is Peace and second is Shalom (meaning peace in Hebrew)
They are both really healthy!
Will try to upload better pictures tomorrow:))

Attachments

• IMG_5792.JPG
    IMG_5792.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5795.JPG
    IMG_5795.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back