Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffee-hoop-0u

Reaction score
I believe my doe is 36 days because I know for a fact that the first time she was breaded was February 28. But i don’t know maybe she got pregnant after that because she still hasn’t given birth I see the kits moving around and kicking she’s huge she did a nest but no hair pulling and she’s eating/drinking. This is her first litter and it was an accident so I don’t really have anything to compare it with. The male is separated but is just not free roaming but in an enclosure in the same room as her. I’ve given her tums raspberry leaves and parsley. Is there anything else I should do. I can literally feel the kits inside of her because she lets me touch her whenever.673DA06E-9D56-4356-9E5F-917273B16189.jpeg

Attachments

• 28EE942E-D79C-41AB-AA84-37013E728EAD.jpeg
    28EE942E-D79C-41AB-AA84-37013E728EAD.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 3
  • A83BCAC0-F202-4DFC-9616-4D2C4AACC7EC.jpeg
    A83BCAC0-F202-4DFC-9616-4D2C4AACC7EC.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 711F10D6-5E4B-4698-891A-076B6FFC560C.jpeg
    711F10D6-5E4B-4698-891A-076B6FFC560C.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 4
I believe my doe is 36 days because I know for a fact that the first time she was breaded was February 28. But i don’t know maybe she got pregnant after that because she still hasn’t given birth I see the kits moving around and kicking she’s huge she did a nest but no hair pulling and she’s eating/drinking. This is her first litter and it was an accident so I don’t really have anything to compare it with. The male is separated but is just not free roaming but in an enclosure in the same room as her. I’ve given her tums raspberry leaves and parsley. Is there anything else I should do. I can literally feel the kits inside of her because she lets me touch her whenever.
Was February 28th the last time she was in contact with a buck? If she was kept with a buck any time after the 28th(like the next day or day after) she could have not conceived until then. Her tummy in the flop pics looks well rounded and more bloated than normal, which is a sign of pregnancy to me.
She looks like a larger breed, which I know can safely hold their kits for longer. My New Zealand's consistently kindled on day 34-35, while my Hollands kindle anywhere between 29-33! Larger litters can also be held for longer if her body doesn't feel like they are ready to see the world yet.
Lavender is also an natural inducer. Be extremely careful using this, as too much can calm then enough to stop the heart. If she hasn't had them by tomorrow, try search for a fresh bloomed lavender plant or in prepackaged fresh herb form from the grocery store. Someone else on here may have more experience using this plant, as I only did it once and it didn't work, but I only had leaves as my plant hadn't bloomed yet.
Another possibility is the movements and 'kicks' you feel in her tummy could be gas bubbles. This has happened before where they have roundy tummies and you can feel movements, and it ends up being gas! I'm definitely not saying this is what's happening with your doe, but if she goes past day 38 with no babies this could be an explanation.
Hopefully this helps, and keep us updated!

Was February 28th the last time she was in contact with a buck? If she was kept with a buck any time after the 28th(like the next day or day after) she could have not conceived until then. Her tummy in the flop pics looks well rounded and more bloated than normal, which is a sign of pregnancy to me.
She looks like a larger breed, which I know can safely hold their kits for longer. My New Zealand's consistently kindled on day 34-35, while my Hollands kindle anywhere between 29-33! Larger litters can also be held for longer if her body doesn't feel like they are ready to see the world yet.
Lavender is also an natural inducer. Be extremely careful using this, as too much can calm then enough to stop the heart. If she hasn't had them by tomorrow, try search for a fresh bloomed lavender plant or in prepackaged fresh herb form from the grocery store. Someone else on here may have more experience using this plant, as I only did it once and it didn't work, but I only had leaves as my plant hadn't bloomed yet.
Another possibility is the movements and 'kicks' you feel in her tummy could be gas bubbles. This has happened before where they have roundy tummies and you can feel movements, and it ends up being gas! I'm definitely not saying this is what's happening with your doe, but if she goes past day 38 with no babies this could be an explanation.
Hopefully this helps, and keep us updated!
Well I’m not sure exactly the buck and her bounded after the 28th and stayed together until day 23 even when I try putting them together again to see if they’ll act agressive they still just groom each other because they are bounded. I just think it’s the 28th because it’s the first time they bred and that I know for sure. Her stomach I thought it was that kind of movement too but I palpated her and I can clearly feel the baby bunnies little body’s and I can feel where every single one of them are placed. Lavender is a good idea but how much is too much I’m kinda frightened to give her too much?

Well I’m not sure exactly the buck and her bounded after the 28th and stayed together until day 23 even when I try putting them together again to see if they’ll act agressive they still just groom each other because they are bounded. I just think it’s the 28th because it’s the first time they bred and that I know for sure. Her stomach I thought it was that kind of movement too but I palpated her and I can clearly feel the baby bunnies little body’s and I can feel where every single one of them are placed. Lavender is a good idea but how much is too much I’m kinda frightened to give her too much?
In that case you can't be sure that she took exactly on the 28th. Because of this, I'd recommend against using lavender, just because if she actually took on a later day, you could induce kits that aren't full term yet, causing them to lack the nutrients etc they get from their mama. Let nature take it's course! Her tummy size indicates to me that she would have them in the next week or so. I know its hard to wait, but at the same time I know you'd never want to harm her by inducing her too early.
And for future reference, its best to keep the doe and buck separate after mating. this way you can tell for sure when she got pregnant. Also, I'm not sure what your plan is for while she has the babies, but be aware that she can breed again right away after giving birth, and have another litter while her first is only 4 weeks... in which case both litters have a much slimmer chance of survival. So, keep the buck separate at least until she's weaned her litter at 8 weeks. If you're wanting to have a bonded pair, you'll have to have them fixed. If you're wanting a breeding pair, you're going to have to keep them separate except for planned breeding sessions.

In that case you can't be sure that she took exactly on the 28th. Because of this, I'd recommend against using lavender, just because if she actually took on a later day, you could induce kits that aren't full term yet, causing them to lack the nutrients etc they get from their mama. Let nature take it's course! Her tummy size indicates to me that she would have them in the next week or so. I know its hard to wait, but at the same time I know you'd never want to harm her by inducing her too early.
And for future reference, its best to keep the doe and buck separate after mating. this way you can tell for sure when she got pregnant. Also, I'm not sure what your plan is for while she has the babies, but be aware that she can breed again right away after giving birth, and have another litter while her first is only 4 weeks... in which case both litters have a much slimmer chance of survival. So, keep the buck separate at least until she's weaned her litter at 8 weeks. If you're wanting to have a bonded pair, you'll have to have them fixed. If you're wanting a breeding pair, you're going to have to keep them separate except for planned breeding sessions.
It was an accident when I got my male I didn’t think he was a male I thought he was a female hahah I plan on keeping some of the babies and the others to give to one of my friends who’s a vet! My bunny still hasn’t given birth but this morning I found that she made a very intricate nest between the couch and a window behind a dresser! I gave her 3 nesting box and she destroyed all of them to make this nest! I found it she had brought isolation cotton from the garage, toilet paper from the bathroom, hay, a bunch of my socs🤣 and she pulled a bunch of fur I looked to see if there was babies but no so I’m guessing she’s having them tonight or tommorow since she’s also not eating breakfast and she usually always does!

Attachments

• CB0D0077-E983-4921-B844-D13B25B0403C.jpeg
    CB0D0077-E983-4921-B844-D13B25B0403C.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1
It was an accident when I got my male I didn’t think he was a male I thought he was a female hahah I plan on keeping some of the babies and the others to give to one of my friends who’s a vet! My bunny still hasn’t given birth but this morning I found that she made a very intricate nest between the couch and a window behind a dresser! I gave her 3 nesting box and she destroyed all of them to make this nest! I found it she had brought isolation cotton from the garage, toilet paper from the bathroom, hay, a bunch of my socs🤣 and she pulled a bunch of fur I looked to see if there was babies but no so I’m guessing she’s having them tonight or tommorow since she’s also not eating breakfast and she usually always does!
Ah okay.
Sounds like she's close to having them! Also sounds like she is a very resourceful bun lol. I also replied to your other post with advice about her nest.

Latest posts

Back