Pregnant Californian nesting!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SylviaWeber06

Reaction score
So my bunny is pregnant and due next week around Wednesday ish. She started building a nest yesterday with hay and a blanket inside a nest box. I can’t tell if she has babies moving or if it’s just digestive movements. She’s gained over a pound since she was bred and is now 8.6+ pounds. Since she’s due so soon should I refrain from cleaning her cage every day?D310B478-6245-4DD8-A3BD-9B3C437DE35E.jpeg

I had a bunny that was pregnant and was starting to nest a couple of days before Kindling. I would clean out her pen, but I would not touch her nesting area, I would just clean up around it, as she was a very territorial, (I knew this from her last batch of babies, as she would stomp at me if i didn't put the pulled fur back over the babies exactly how it was, whenever I checked them).

So i would suggest cleaning up around her nesting area as best as you can, as the area still needs to be nice and clean, so the new babies don't get sick.

I had a bunny that was pregnant and was starting to nest a couple of days before Kindling. I would clean out her pen, but I would not touch her nesting area, I would just clean up around it, as she was a very territorial, (I knew this from her last batch of babies, as she would stomp at me if i didn't put the pulled fur back over the babies exactly how it was, whenever I checked them).

So i would suggest cleaning up around her nesting area as best as you can, as the area still needs to be nice and clean, so the new babies don't get sick.
Thank you! Tomorrow’s the 30 day mark and her stomach dropped yesterday. She has active babies but no pulled fur yet. Her poops are a bit soft the last couple hours do you think I should be concerned?

Thank you! Tomorrow’s the 30 day mark and her stomach dropped yesterday. She has active babies but no pulled fur yet. Her poops are a bit soft the last couple hours do you think I should be concerned?
I'm not sure about the soft poop, but has she been eating hay and her greens alright?
I know some bunny's sort of lose their appetite when they are about to have their babies, and if this is the case, she just may not be eating quite as much hay as she was.

I'm not sure about the soft poop, but has she been eating hay and her greens alright?
I know some bunny's sort of lose their appetite when they are about to have their babies, and if this is the case, she just may not be eating quite as much hay as she was.
She’s eating normal, day 31 now. Poops are back to normal.

Latest posts

Back