Pregnant bunny?!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janellek

Reaction score
My bunny is 30 days pregnant and not building a nest she looks chubby to me and I thought she was pregnant! Now I am not so sure. This is her first litter. can someone give me advice please it would really be appreciated :)

Wait.
Give her nestbox, nesting material, and peace - don't stress her.
And keep checking, it can go pretty fast when the time comes. My does start nesting in earnest just before they deliver, but if something doesn't go right, like first timers messing up the right sequence, or having kits outside the nestbox, it's good to interfer asap.
You can prepare, by giving her more calcium rich food or even a (fruit flavoured) Tums, and you can gather a pile of fur or prepare a substitute like dryer lint or cotton wool if she doesn't pull enough or too much gets wet and soiled.
One of my does usually kindles at day 32, the other at day 35, can't tell about the others.

I know that's a cruel waiting game :D

Thank you so much!!!!! Yes it is cruel😂 this is my first litter so I was kind of like ummmmm 😳 lol thank you so so much:)

Hi,
I breed NZ and Rex and almost everyone is 31 days, EXCEPT for one that is consistently 36 days.

Thanks for the help guys woke up to a momma with a giant nest that she made last minute:) best part there was seven healthy babies!

Reactions: KHo

Latest posts

Back