Pregnant bunny - Just two kits?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sana Khanam

Reaction score
So today marked the 30th day of my doe's pregnancy and she finally gave birth to 2 lil kits at noon! But I'm really confused as I've never heard rabbits giving such few babies. Is it that they didn't bond well or something else??
I also saw some blood and maybe placenta in the nest, can someone suggest me if I should and how to clean it without hurting the kits?Also is there any way I can determine their gender now?

I am really confused and overwhelmed!
Please help!

If it’s a netherland dwarf that gave birth as in the profile it’s normal to get small amounts of kits it can be between 1-5 kits. They often don’t get that many kits.

Let the mother do her job and have peace, seem to be your first litter. Being all around the mom and stressing her can end up with her abounding the kits.

Just look after that the kits get fed, that they are in the nest tucked in and that your doe get enough food and hay. The sex can you check when they are 4 weeks old sometimes older, it can be a bit hard to determine the sex.

If it’s a netherland dwarf that gave birth as in the profile it’s normal to get small amounts of kits it can be between 1-5 kits. They often don’t get that many kits.

Let the mother do her job and have peace, seem to be your first litter. Being all around the mom and stressing her can end up with her abounding the kits.

Just look after that the kits get fed, that they are in the nest tucked in and that your doe get enough food and hay. The sex can you check when they are 4 weeks old sometimes older, it can be a bit hard to determine the sex.
Yeah I am giving her enough hay and grass 24*7. Though I am not sure about her breed I thought she is an Albino rabbit. Here are some of her latest picturesIMG_20200724_092244~01.jpgIMG_20200724_092218~01.jpgIMG_20200724_092213~01.jpg

Latest posts

Back