Pregnant bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babunnies

Reaction score
Hi! I have a 5 month old mini lop! She was at my sisters and my sister let my bunny in with hers for a split second literally a minute and saw the end of one mating session as she came back in the room 😭 what are the chances she’s pregnant? If she is she’s 3 weeks today! She hasn’t built a nest, no fur pulling! She’s abit more nippy and not so sociable I tried to palpate from days 10-14 didn’t know what I was doing so unsure. Is there any telltale signs? Thanks in advance :)

If you saw a fall off, chances are close to 95%, I would guess, they are pretty good at thet when you don't want them to breed. Nest buiding and fur pulling can happen just in time, so when the time comes (appr. day 28-35) you'll need to check on her frequently.
Just act on the assumption that she is pregnant, offer lots of hay as nesting material, a nestbox, privacy and as little stress as possible. I can't palpate either, until it's quite obvious, but if it's a small litter you might not see much. No way to be sure than to wait full term and be prepared.

Thank you so much for the reply! Yep deffo seen the male do the fall off and grunt but my sister removed her ASAP :( she’s deffo got a round belly and it feels tight? My other buns belly is kinda mushy haha just a week or so to go I guess till I know!

Yes, definitely be fully prepared. My 5mo old female Holland lop accidentally got in with my male Holland lop. I couldn't feel any babies until day 29. We moved her next to the heater worrying she would only have a few babies and they might get cold (it was the middle of winter). I came to check on her and found 8 little babies wriggling around her nestbox. It was the biggest shock I had ever had, haha!

Yes, it was her first litter. She is an absolute supermom and took incredible care of them. They all made it and now have all found wonderful homes. There was a teeny-tiny runt who I was afraid wouldn't make it, but she made a huge comeback and we ended up keeping her because I grew so attached.

5mo is a little young for a bunny to become a mom (obviously it was an accident), so be prepared to give extra care to the baby bunnies as your bun gets the hang of it :) Hope she has a smooth birth and takes good care of those babes!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back