Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eghamming

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am looking to buy a bunny (I raised rabbits growing up in 4-H for 6 years and have done lots of research over the past few months). I am hoping to get a rabbit with ears that will lop. Currently, I'm looking at purchasing the doe in the photos attached here (currently 4 weeks old). The mom is a single main lionhead, the dad is a holland lop. The other siblings have a more narrow, lionhead-like face. She seems to have more of that classic wide holland lop face. What do you guys think? Any way I can know if her ears will lop based on these photos?

Thanks!
Elizabeth
IMG_5675.jpegIMG_5676.jpeg

It is hard to tell at such a young age, but she has a good chance of lopping. Here is a pic of one of my past babies (pictured at 3 weeks old) who now has fully lopped ears for a comparison...
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200416163324720_COVER~3.jpg
On the other hand, she seems to have a tight crown and for this reason her ears may flop partway, or make her look like she's ready for takeoff (airplane... lol). You should have a more accurate idea once she is 6 - 8 weeks old.

Latest posts

Back