Praying for Connecticut

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live a town over. I think that saddest part this tragedy aside from innocent lives lost is the way the media is handling it. My cousin who lives in newtown has been harassed by media on Facebook, at her door step, by phone 900 times. Yes, 900 media people tried to connect with her on Facebook within 3 hours of the shooting because she had the original suspect (for whom the media tarnished his name) as a friend on Facebook.

Her neighbors child died and the media dared to come to their front door to ask "what kind of family where they."

No compassion in American media. It is so so sad. All some of these people want to do is grieve and be left alone, if they want to talk the media let them come to you.

This has been all over the news in the UK too, so so sad :(
Did you hear about the teacher that locked her students in the cupboard to save them then told the man that her students were at the gym and he then shot her but thankfully her students got away safely, that is so brave. I feel so sorry for the families that have lost so much! :(

yeah, she sacrificed her life to save, I believe, seven children who were crammed in a closet hiding out. beyond selfless.

The picture that was going around of a girl on a phone crying, she had a white shirt on, was that teachers sister. She had just heard what her sister did to save those children. That teacher was only 27 years old, and what she did, was absolutely amazing.

The girl in the picture is also upset that it is being circulated so freely As it was a private moment where she discovered her sister died.

Yeah the girl on the phone is Carlee Soto, her sister Vickie Soto, 27. I cried for all of them, and was so gutted to find out that Carlee's sister was one of the victims. Bleh. What a terrible thing. Such young children. I have 20 lights in my star on top of my Christmas tree. One for each sweet babe. Will make something to remember all the victims with too. *Sigh*

Latest posts

Back