Prayers for Zeke

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aurora369

Reaction score
Well, I thought the bonding session was going well.... Until Zeke decided it would be a good idea to hump Coal on his head. Coal gave him a well placed nip, which basically circumcised Zeke.

Zeke (and Baxter) are now at the vets awaiting emergency surgery in the morning. They put in some stitches in to hold everything together over night, but they need to actually do some skin grafts. They're going to pull some skin from his inner thighs to put over the top of his penis.

I don't even think that Coal was meaning to be mean, it looks more like most of the skin ripped/tore and wasn't bit off. It's about a quarter size piece of flesh missing, and it looks too big to have been sliced with the teeth.

I have pictures of the piece of skin if anyone wants to see it. And I'll get some pictures of his newly constructed genitals when he's done surgery.

I just hope this isn't going to cost a huge amount of money. The vet clinic is normally pretty reasonable, but I'm still worried about the cost of emergency surgery. It's a good thing I don't have to pay rent next month.

So, please give Zeke some positive vibes. He got a shot of pain killers and antibiotics before I left the clinic and he was tucking into the pellets they gave them.

--Dawn

Oh no, Dawn:(. That must have been so scarey.

I wish Zeke the best of luck with his surgery and luck in healing.:pray:

I'm sorry Zeke, you poor baby. Hugs to you Dawn:hug:.

It was kind of odd because when it happened, all emotions shut off and I just went on autopilot. I couldn't see exactly where the injury was, and he wasn't bleeding really badly, but I knew he had to go to the vets by the size of the skin chunk.

He was such a good boy at the vets.

I'm still going to bond my quad, but I'll just have to wait until he's all healed up now.

--Dawn

I know what you mean about "autopilot". When Angel died, I didn't even cry, nor when we were getting ready to bury her. I was holding her in what I was burying her in and talking to her, telling her what an awesome bun she was. It was shock, plain and simple:?:(.

I hope all goes well!

Oh man, how awefull :shock:, and scary :(.

The exact same thing happened to my friends bunny and he recovered perfecttly. He was free range in her rabbitry and broke into another bucks cage and the other buck bit the end of his penis off. He healed really well, and went on to live a healthy and happy life.

Sending good healing vibes to Zeke.

Oh wow! :shock:

I'm glad that everybunny is generally okay, and that you are, too. I know what you mean about autopilot, too. I get that way anytime Em hurts herself...I don't freak out, I just go about doing what needs to be done.

With the animals, most of the time I go autopilot, too...but sometimes I find myself panicking with them. I think because I know more about being human than being an animal, so I second guess myself.

Hugs for you and Zeke...:hug:

Rosie*

Thank goodness he wasn't bleeding alot. There was minimal amounts of blood, so that helped me to stay calm.

His actual penis is okay, it's more the skin just around the penis that was pulled off. So, I don't think it should interfere with his urinating or anything.

He was certainly hungry at the vets office. Little porkers got an extra bowl of pellets today.

And for this curios here's links to the pictures of the missing skin:
click for image

click for image

--Dawn

That poor boy. I'm so sorry he's been hurt. I hope and pray that he gets better and the cost is minimal!

Poor Zeke - that looks like a LOT of skin. When Pernod and Shadow fought, I know most of her wounds were done by tearing rather than an actual bite - I think it actually looks worse.

I hope he recovers quickly, and that the cost is kept low for you. At least he hasn't lost his appetite!

Jan

He's my little trouper, I'm positive he's going to be okay. Know if only he takes a lesson from this and stops trying to hump heads.

He should be starting surgery any time now. And I should hear from the vet's office once he's all out of anesthesia, which should be around 1-2pm.

--Dawn

My vet told me a similar story about treating a rabbit with torn genitals. It was nasty she said. But the rabbit is doing well.

I'm sure Zeke will recover well.

I couldn't help but call the vet's office to check up on him and make sure he did okay over night. The person I talked to said he's doing very well and that he's pooping, peeing and is a bundle full of energy. He has stopped bleeding and is eating like a pig.

They will be starting the surgery at noon, so send lots of positive vibes for him!

He's such a little trooper, and chances are he's charming the pants off all the staff at the vets office.

Here's some pictures of him for those who aren't sure what he looks like:

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back