Prayers for Nigel, please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delusional

Reaction score
Nigel went in for his neuter today. I had a weird/bad feeling about getting him snipped all along (which is actually why I waited so long to get it done..), but I put it down to the usual worry whenever anybun goes to the vets.

Just got home from work to be told that Nigel had some kind of blood vessel in his mouth burst (?) and nearly bled out on the table. :tears2:

They're giving him fluids and keeping him overnight, they'll let us know tomorrow about bringing him home... They said he's awake now anyway, but still not right.

So please send good vibes for my little man, and hope that he's all good to come home tomorrow evening...

Healing vibes headed to Nigel.

Obviously Nigel's immediate condition is the most important...but, when he recovers I would be expecting a very detailed explanation....there is a "rest of the story" here I'm sure.

Randy

Oh I am so very sorry :(

usually a neuter is uncomplicated...I can't imagine what happened :?

I so hope that he's OK ..
lots of prayerand thoughts your way...........
please let us know how he is doing through out the day

:pray::pray::pray:

Oh my gosh, poor little Nigel and poor you :(.

Fingers crossed for him to be perfectly fine. I hope he hasn't lost too much blood, maybe that will be making him feel a little weak or poorly.

Poor him and poor you. I hope he recovers quickly and can come home and fulfill his fathery role soon :p

That's awful! I hope he gets better soon. And Randy is right, I am wondering what really happened. Is that something that could be caused by a poor job intubating?

Oh my fingers are crossed! I am sending positive thoughts his way, I'm SURE he will be fine! And positive thoughts your way because I know you must be worried sick!:pray::hug:

Yeah I'm going to arrange the pick-up appointment for after work tomorrow, so I can go as well as Lee since he's useless.

I want to find out exactly what happened. The nurse I spoke to on the phone didn't sound too sure, she wasn't on duty when he had the surgery and she didn't really know the details.

I really don't think (or don't want to think..) that it was anything more than an honest mistake on their part. They're a good vets, I like them, they've always been great. The nurse did say it was 'something they didn't see too often in rabbits' so I'm wondering if it was an existing problem.. like I know people can get veins that swell and go close to the surface of the skin so maybe it was something like that.

Hec, maybe it was lucky he went in when he did, and if they hadn't hit it then maybe he would have bitten it himself down the line and bled out at home.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions in any direction until I know more.

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys. I can't get Nigel off my mind at the moment. My poor little guy, I bet he's terrified in a strange place with all those strange animals. :( At least there'll be someone watching him all night though..

I hope he's ok to come home today and makes a speedy recovery :) Let us know any updates as and when you can :)

Oh no! Poor baby Nigel! That's so scary :( I hope he's all ready to come home tomorrow and you find out what on Earth happened. Man, now I'm even more nervous about getting Phoebe Mae spayed in a couple months...

Latest posts

Back