Prayers for Max please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Hi all
Just wanted to write and ask for prayers and good thoughts for my Max. He had been sneezing again so I took him in to have his teeth checked again. Turns out he had yet another abscess at the base of a molar. Brought him in today for surgery to have the tooth extracted and three molars are affected. He just woke up but it's touch and go since he lost a lot of blood when they took the teeth out. After losing Basil I'm just about to lose it. Please keep us all in your thoughts.

Thanks guys. We are home now and he is doing ok. Our vet dentist is an hour away so we were down there from 9 am until 7 pm. Max was in surgery for almost two hours. When the vet did the xray this morning he found a huge mass where the roots of 2-3 of his molars should be. When he got in there to try to pull what he thought was just an abscess out, it turned out to be a huge mass the size of a marble of bone and tissue and tooth. The tooth roots had grown into one another and formed this mass. When they removed that, Max almost bled to death. The doctor and everyone there repeated how strong he is and how surprised and happy they were he made it through.
We definitely are not out of the woods yet. We are praying the stitches hold. The doc used some type of gel/foam that hardens and helps it clot before he stitched it up. Im just praying he doesnt bleed out over night.
I will literally have a mental breakdown if I lose Max. I wish Basil was here, he always took such good care of Max after his surgeries.

:pray: Sending lot's of prayers to Max for extra healing and comfort.

I hope all goes well for him and yourselves. Sometimes it really feels like a test of how much one's heart is able to endure, doesn't it? Stay strong for Max. I am sure Basil has been with Max all along helping him through the tough parts. We just have to keep him going through the healing-times.

Oh no, Haley. This is just too much :(. Poor Max, and poor you.

What a wonderful, strong bun he is, to go through all he has and still bounce back. I agree with Janet, and think Basil has been his Guardian Angel today.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jan

Oh dear! Max seems like such a strong little bun. Chewy and I send our prayers and thoughts :pray:

Stay strong, Max!

Oh goodness, what a serious issue. I hope he does ok. Did they do a blood transfusion or something for him?

Thanks everyone for your kinds words, thoughts and prayers. They must be working.
Max is doing better today but still in a lot of pain. He wouldnt eat anything yesterday. This morning I got him to eat some baby food and a few pellets. He refuses the pellet slurry but seems interested in regular pellets, taking one at a time and chewing on his good side.
Tonyshuman, I dont think they did a blood transfusion but he was receiving a lot of fluids during the procedure. Im surprised that he doesnt seem all that weak after losing so much blood. He has been drinking a lot though. Im hoping I can get him to eat more today. I really hate to forcefeed bunnies.
He is such a little stinker and so fiesty even when he is sick. I keep trying to snuggle him in bed but he sort of head butts me every chance he gets and tries to get down.
He is really such a little fighter.

Latest posts

Back