Prayers for harlie please...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got done spending about 1 1/2 hours withHarlie and she is on the couch waiting for me to come back and hold her- we're going to sleep together in the recliner tonight.

I think Harlie has passed a major crisis....

I've been giving her Oxbow Critical Care plus pedialyte, simethecone, atiny bit of aspirin, hay, parsley - and a tiny slice of banana that shewas trying to steal from me while I was eating the banana.

A few minutes ago - she started grooming herself for the first time. I am SO pscyhed - but it gets better.

After she peed on me....she passed something that looked like thecritical care had all dried out (become dehydrated) and was mixed inwith some hairs. It was about 3" long - with maybe 10 hairsin it.

After that - she started passing normal sized poops - very dry still -VERY VERY dry...but still yet - normal sized. I found that as she wasstruggling to poop- if I massaged her lightly - and thenpressed down VERY lightly on the anus - the poop would come out mucheasier and she would relax....till the next poop.

We got about 6 or 7 poops out of her and now she's eating parsley dipped in pedialyte while waiting for me to return.

I do think there could still be something in there - more hair orsomething - and I'm going to give her hairball remedy tomorrow alongwith more hay and more of what we've been doing.

But I think we're past the worst of it......

Oh - and she was PLAYING with me too. She'd look at me andthen look away and then bite on my shirt and tug it - and then quicklylook away. Then she'd look at me - I swear she'd smile - lookaway - as soon as I looked away - she'd tug on my shirt again...andthen look up at me.

For a bit - she would keep licking my shirt too - almost like they werebaby bunny kisses though - not because of food being spilled.

I'm so happy. When Art is up later and we have anotherfeeding session - I'm gonna have him take photos of her with theparsley stem hanging out of her mouth as if she's smoking it.Its hilarious!

Peg

:(Its hard when they first startcoming out of it and their poop ;looks so hard you wonder how they gotit out...its good that you can help her..keep us posted we're allpulling for her.:pray:

I hate getting on here right now and posting this.

Harlie just passed away in Art's arms while I ate some breakfast.

She started going into seizures around 9 am this morning. Sheslept in my bed with me- in my arms from about 5 am until 9 am.....

I am too broken up right now to type more - yes - I know about Rainbow Bridge....please don't remind me of it. ok?

I believe in my heart I'll see her again...the problem is - I want her NOW - she left me too soon....and my heart is too empty.

I will either be offline most of today grieving - or in here trying to avoid the grief.

Peg

P.S. Please no PMs or stuff of "well...if you had donethis.." or "well I've heard...". Ok? I did my best- I was in contact with my vet and we talked about hertreatment. As of last night - I was sure she was going tomake it. But she just couldn't go on....I begged her to - butshe didn't.

She died in our arms...she waited until I put her in Art's arms - anduntil she saw me one more time and heard me (I was getting something toeat quickly)....and then she passed away quietly.

This is Amanda. Her name means"Beloved" and her future mate's name is changing from Spunky (he hasnever mated yet) to "Sarek". Star Trek fans will understand.

Amanda will NEVER take her mother's place in my heart - she'll createher own place. However, she will be remaining at El ReyLionheads to take her mother's place in our breeding program - as sheis the spitting image of her mother and has the same gentle and sweetpersonalilty.

Peg

P.S. Art has gone ahead and buried Harlie. I kissedher goodbye and petted her a few more times - GOD...she taught me somuch this last week...that when I can stop crying long enough to reallytype, I'll be sharing it in my lionhead blog...

This is devasting for ME, can't imagine how you feel. Also can't imagine a bunny getting better care.

Peg, so sorry.... :bigtears:

:riplittle Harlie:bunnyangel:

sas :sad:, pipp:tears2:and the warren :cry2:cry1:pray::cry2

Oh, Peg... I'm so sorry... I really thought she'd be alright... :tears2:
You did the best you could for her. Harlie was very lucky to have such a good mommy!

ohh noo peg,every bit of my heart is going out to you right now,i truley understand your pain,it just hurts so much.

i will just say im sorry for losing your little girl :(

cheryl

Latest posts

Back