Potty Training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much does it cost to spay and neuter rabbits that are 3 months old, or does it not matter how old they are? Also, my rabbits pee in the litterbox but its rare for them to poop inside it. Anyone know why?🤔

Last edited:
My buck was litter trained before he was neutered, but neutering helped with territorial issues. I got him neutered for $50 at our local spay and neuter facility. Females must be at least 5 months before getting spayed, and males need to be at least 3 months.

I'd call some rabbit savvy vets in your area. Local rabbit rescues are usually good at recommending vets that are truly rabbit savvy. Prices can vary hugely depending on the area you live. I'd suspect CA will be quite high. In my area, a spay is $250.

Your vet will determine how soon (at what age/size) he will be willing to spay or neuter. Some are willing to do it at younger ages than other vets will.

And, yes, neutering helps tremendously with litter training. Males especially can be inconsistent with training if they are intact. They also (as they age) can get really pungent urine if left intact.

Latest posts

Back