Post Spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana_The_Dreamer

Reaction score
Nessa is doing much better today, not as grumpy and she's starting to eat normally.
I finally got a look at her stomach when she was flopped out in her cage, and I thought the incision looked weird? The vet told me that there would be internal sutures and that Nessa's skin would be closed with a type of glue. All the google images I get are different than what Nessa looks like. All the "post spay" pictures look closed up and neat, while Nessa's looks like her skin is all open? She still wont let me handle her, so I could only get pictures (bad phone quality might I add) from her laying in the cage. It's not the best pictures but I'm just wondering if it looks normal.
I'm still slightly paranoid. :p

RABBITSPAY1.jpg

raabitSPAY2.jpg

That looks a lot like how my Pippi looked, so I think she's alright. As long as the incision doesn't look inflamed, she should be OK. :) Pippi didn't like being handled either, so just let her chill. :) <3 she's such a pretty gingery brown colour!

She looks ok to me. You'll want to look out for any redness or swelling, and discharge. Short of that she should be able to heal on her own just fine. It's really nerve wracking, I know. She's lucky to have such a caring person looking after her. :)

aw poor baby. I am glad she doing good ...

I was a mess at when mine went in, felt like having a pack of smoke(s) and pacing everywhere ..

she held in, like your little one did =0)

Latest posts

Back