Post spay question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like she's eating prettywell. My girls took a few days to go back to eatingnormally. You could rinse her veggies with water to get morewater into her. I have no idea why she isn'tdrinking.:? Is her water bottle/bowl in an inconvenient placefor her? I moved all the water and food bowls by thelitterbox so everything was in one area and they didn't have to movemuch.

Naturestee -She usually has a three level cageso we made a makeshift cage for her out of nic cubes about 5cubes by 3.It is all on one level. I have a bowl of water next to one litter boxright next to where she has been sleeping and her usual water bottle atthe other end of the cage by another litter box. I will lower the waterbottle now that you mention it. I know she if feeling better I justchanged her fleece blanket out(she is definitely pooping) and did notput her litter box where she had it... ok only by maybe 3-5 inches andafter I shut the door she promptly moved it back where she had it.
Is critical care like the pedialyte? OH, just re-read what you said, Iwill ask the vet. Do you mix that with the pumpkin? I wonder if my veteven carries critical care since she was going to feed her baby food atthe office but it was outdated. I will ask tomorrow.
Her temp feels hot like normal again and she scratched and clawed againwhen I tried to catch little miss houdini when escaping.
Do you mind if I ask.. I know you go to school but do you breedrabbits? You have been awesome. I thought at one time I read that youusername came from your barn? off topic but I am impressed at yourability to have sooooo much knowlege. :highfive:

Thanks BACI! No, I don'tbreed. I just pamper the buns I have. "Stee'sStable" doesn't really exist. It was a fad that went througha while back. Everyone said they were "from" somewhere namedafter them or their buns. But with the way these guys eathay, I may as well live in a stable.:D

Most of what I learn is just from reading a lot, paying attention onthe forum, and having a really good memory for this stuff.Too bad I can't use it in a job. The thought of givingsomeone a shot makes me nauseous, much less surgery or euthanasia.:?

Oh, and Critical Care is meant to provide nutrition and support toherbivores that aren't eating. It's used instead of a pelletslurry. Oxbow makes it, but doesn't sell online or to petstores any more because it wants to encourage people to take sickanimals to a vet. Your vet might be able to order some, oryou might be able to find another online source for it.

naturestee wrote:
Too bad I can't use it in a job.

There are actually groups that do pet therapy and educate the public onpet care. I was looking into one in my area. But not it would notsupport you I am sute...... good for us we'd be lost without you.

Yup naturestees a wealth of information! One in a million I must say!:blueribbon:

Is she eating more vegetables? Sometimes when I increase my rabbits vegetable intake she barely touches her water.

Latest posts

Back