Post-Spay help needed ASAP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana_The_Dreamer

Reaction score
So Nessa had her spay this morning! She did great, but now she's at home with me and putting up a major fight to everything.
I have to give her pain meds (via syringe) and she absolutely refuses to let the syringe anywhere near her face/mouth. I can tell she's in pain, and I really want to give these meds to her; but she wont let me.
I'm hesitant to picking her up or making her move around, but I just can't get the syringe in her mouth! She did a couple jumps trying to avoid me, and I think she hurt herself, so I've given it a rest for now.
Also she wont eat anything. How long should I go before I contact the vet on this?

Oh also, I'm supposed to keep an eye on the sutures, but I haven't been able to move her enough to even get a look at them! I don't want to push her too much because like I said above, she's already grunting and jumping away to avoid me everytime I try to touch her.
Honestly I just have no idea what I'm doing. :(

I found this video here: [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1b49Qsgrk"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1b49Qsgrk[/ame]

My suggestion would be to try to do it with her on the ground, so you don't have to pick her up and she'll feel more comfortable. Maybe get her to come to you as you sit or lay on the ground (bribe her with a small treat, since she's already upset). If that doesn't work, she can go without pain meds, it's not ideal but it's better than one of you getting hurt trying to give them to her, and you could call your vet for help in the morning.

I know this comment is late and sorry! My girl Phoenix got spayed a few weeks ago and she refused to have her pain meds as well. She wouldn't allow me to syringe them so instead I squirted some of the pain relief on her paw bit by bit and she would lick it off because what bun wants to have wet icky stuff on their paws. It worked wonders!!!!!

Latest posts

Back