Post neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Nibbles

Reaction score
Has anyone had their rabbit swell up on one side post neuter and it turn dark purple and hard? I am taking him to the vet but I am really worried bc everything I am reading is saying they should be swollen and pink not still big and bruised. As stated,he IS going to the vet today but I am still worried.

I haven't had that happen. Vet is the best thing as there really isn't anything you can do about it at your end if there is something wrong. Hope all goes well at the vet and it isn't too serious.

I haven't had that happen. Vet is the best thing as there really isn't anything you can do about it at your end if there is something wrong. Hope all goes well at the vet and it isn't too serious.
I did take him and they stuck a needle in the hard part. There was very little fluid,so it was just tissue swelling. They did laser therapy to help,have 4 days of anti-inflammatories and a weeks worth of antibiotics. If not any better in 2 weeks bring back. The laser must have done a great job though bc tonight it isn't near as hard.

Latest posts

Back