Post-neuter questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny34422

Reaction score
Just brought Timothy home from his neuter, he immediately started drinking and eating hay, pellets, veggies! He's even flopped and is currently trying to get out of the x-pen haha. So I tried calling the vet hospital to ask these questions but they've been busy so figured I'd also ask bunny owners who have gone through this before.

- I noticed they shaved his leg for an IV, will there be an issue if he starts to lick and groom it?
- I've read online that bedding like straw or shavings should be removed to keep the wound clean. I only use wood pellets and I cover it with a thick layer of hay in the litterbox, will the hay bother his incision site? Pic of his setup below. Also when can I let him roam his room again? Been reading different things and my vet's care sheet just says to limit exercise for a few days.
- Should I be stopping him every time he tries to lick or pick at the incision? I noticed he's been reaching down there a few times already so I distracted him with food but what about when I'm not around?

Sorry for all the questions! He seems totally fine but I want to make sure I'm doing this right after I just paid $470 for his neuter 😆

Attachments

• F8984112-D8C2-4B6D-99A0-05248B366376.jpeg
    F8984112-D8C2-4B6D-99A0-05248B366376.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 7EB0679C-1D72-48A0-A8C8-1E30A86F6859.jpeg
    7EB0679C-1D72-48A0-A8C8-1E30A86F6859.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 5
Also someone recommended I remove the ikea bed so I've replaced it with a blanket :) If there's anything else I should remove please let me know!

heyyyyy peanut got neutered this wensday! May I ask what your buns balls look like? Peanuts refilled so I hope it wasn't a failed neuter

heyyyyy peanut got neutered this wensday! May I ask what your buns balls look like? Peanuts refilled so I hope it wasn't a failed neuter
I tried to take a peak last night and he let me look for about a few seconds before he started kicking, it looked the same but I know when I got my dog neutered his also looked refilled for the first day or two haha. I'll look again this morning and see if I can get a pic (if that's appropriate to post here? lol)

I tried to take a peak last night and he let me look for about a few seconds before he started kicking, it looked the same but I know when I got my dog neutered his also looked refilled for the first day or two haha. I'll look again this morning and see if I can get a pic (if that's appropriate to post here? lol)
I mean it should me for health reasons

Well I was unable to get a pic.. but his balls still look the same. I read that they will shrivel over time so seems normal, didn't see any bleeding or redness so hopefully will recover well

Latest posts

Back